Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Membership Contribution

Is my membership contribution of $15 tax deductible?

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

@WilliamK553404 Thanks for being a member! Membership dues are not tax-deductible. However, donations to AARP's charitable affiliate, AARP Foundation, are tax-deductible. 

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@WilliamK553404,

Prior to next membership cycle, you should call AARP and negotiate your membership fee. Your $15 for one year would translate to $75 for five years. I am presently in a five year membership cycle for which I only paid $31, due to negotiating with one of their membership associates....a savings of $44 or almost a 60% discount.

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

NOPE - they arenโ€™t contributions, they are membership fees to an organization to which you can get some benefit for your membership.

Donations are deductible to 501(c)(3) nonprofit organizations - . A qualified organization includes nonprofit religious, charity or educational groups.

AARP (this membership organization) is a 501(c)(4) which are membership organizations - and the onLY time those might be tax deductible is if they are connected to your job - like a union.

Now if you want to write the AARP Foundation a separate check, that probably would be a contribution cause it is a 501(c)(3) organization. 

It's Always Something . . . . Roseanna Roseannadanna
0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Asteroidsยฎ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP