Content starts here
CLOSE ×
Search

Real Dollar Exposure from 20% Part B coinsurance

Real Dollar Exposure from 20% Part B coinsurance

Looking for a way to estimate the total annual dollar exposure I will have arising from Medicare's 20% Part B Coinsurance.

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@RobertB258973 

Thatโ€™s gonna depend on your health cost, meaning, your part (20%) of the amount Medicare pays for any covered health care item under Part B for which you medically need.

Traditional Medicare pays usually on a Fee For Service basis - but some services are also bundled so you probably would have to look up each one to determine how it is paid.  It would be an estimate.  And these do change from time to time/ year to year depending on the reimbursement rates established by CMS.

Medicare.gov Procedure Price Lookup for Outpatient Services.

This may not be the full picture - I donโ€™t how much they actually price in this list.

I donโ€™t think there is a place to check for the normal day to day stuff like doc visits, DME cost, etc.

Remember too that this all is based on you using Medicare providers that accept assignment for full payment.  Some docs / facilities donโ€™t - they are either non-participating providers or they might have โ€œopted outโ€ all together.

It's Always Something . . . . Roseanna Roseannadanna
0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

"I downloaded AARP Perks to assist in staying connected and never missing out on a discount!" -LeeshaD341679

AARP Perks

More From AARP