Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Possibility of Long Term Care Insurance Fraud

Possibility of Long Term Care Insurance Fraud

The continuing care facility that I am preparing to enter within the next 5 years asked me for financial information. My Long Term Care Insurance arrangements were among those requested. I had taken out a policy with UNUM in 1999 which now has benefits of $10,000 mo/lifetime. First UNUM repeatedly refused to give me a benefit statement that contained the additional $5000 that I had paid for through an inflation rider after multiple attempts UNUM complied. I then asked that they send a copy of my policy to the continuing care facility and to me (I wanted to be sure that they were the same). They repeatedly sent policies that were not mine despite my specific remarks about why those policies were not mine. The policies they are sending me require a diagnosis of critical illness/critically ill and loss of ADLS  whereas my policy only requires a loss of 2 or more ADLs in order to receive benefits. Searching online I have seen many reviews where this insurance company requires so much medical documentation that the policyholder can never get benefits. Do you have any suggestions on how I should handle this and how to warn others? I am 81 years of age.

Kudos
Views
Replies
0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Space Adventure Pinball and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP