Take control of your brain health as you age. Visit Staying Sharp — it's free for AARP members.

Silver Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Re: Medicare Supplement Plan Question

Message 1 of 8

Plans C & F go away for NEW APPLICANTS only as of 1/1/2020. Those who have C or F now can keep them as long as they pay their premiums.

Plan G is an excellent choice in most states. Medigap carriers are generally required to offer plan F but not G. As such, some carriers do not write G.

UHC, Humana and a few others introduced G for the first time in 2018.

If an application is enrolling in a Medigap plan during their IEP (Initial Enrollment Period) there are no health questions. Some carriers in some states may impose a pre-ex waiting period if you did not have prior creditable coverage. The pre-ex limit will apply for up to 6 months depending on the state or carrier.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 8

ou can apply online for Medicare even if you are not ready to retire. ... Social Security works with CMS by enrolling people in Medicare. For more information about applying for Medicare only and delaying retirement benefits, visit Applying for Medicare Only.

mcdvoice

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 8

well, Medicare is one of the federally administered health-care programs in the United States. You may also be eligible for Medicare at any age if you qualify through disability or have certain conditions, including amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (also known as Lou Gehrig’s disease) or end-stage renal disease. To qualify, you must be either a United States citizen or legal permanent resident of at least five continuous years.

mcdvoice tutuapp

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 8

Medicare is the federal health insurance program for United States citizens or legal residents of at least five years in a row who qualify for the program. That includes people who are 65 or older and those younger than 65 who receive disability benefits from the Social Security Administration (SSA) or the Railroad Retirement Board (RRB). 

mysubwaycard . mygiftcardsite 

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 8

@KitsonE819731 wrote:

mcvoice

@StephenK41866 wrote:

Hi Folks,

I'm trying to help a relative sign up for Medicare A & B and have been trying to figure out the best supplement for her. She just lost her company healthcare.

From the info I'm finding online it appears that C and F are going away as of 2020.

Unfortunately she has a pre-existing condition and it seems that Supplement-G may be the next best choice. 

Is there anyone out there that is currently enrolled in Plan-G? Any pros and cons for someone with a pre-existing condition.

Thanks for any info.

I totally Agree with KitsonE819731 Medical Plan F is popular and famous. May people are taking that so you can try if you want.

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 8

You should speak with a licensed agent that specializes in Medicare to go over all the options.  I would be more than happy to answer any and all questions that you might have. My number 1 priority is educating you on how Medicare works.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 8

McDVOICE

@StephenK41866 wrote:

Hi Folks,

I'm trying to help a relative sign up for Medicare A & B and have been trying to figure out the best supplement for her. She just lost her company healthcare.

From the info I'm finding online it appears that C and F are going away as of 2020.

Unfortunately she has a pre-existing condition and it seems that Supplement-G may be the next best choice. 

Is there anyone out there that is currently enrolled in Plan-G? Any pros and cons for someone with a pre-existing condition.

Thanks for any info.

Medigap Plan F is a popular choice that offers more coverage than any otherMedicare Supplement plan. There is also a high-deductible Plan F that offers the same benefits as the standard Plan F, but requires you to pay a certain amount out of pocket before coverage starts.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views
Replies

Medicare Supplement Plan Question

Message 8 of 8

Hi Folks,

Thanks for any info.

Kudos
Views
Replies