Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Medical Care While Traveling Across the US and Canada

Contributor

Medical Care While Traveling Across the US and Canada

I'm trying to sort out how to receive unscheduled medical care while travelling. My current primary care provider in the Northern Virginia area will not provide telehealth services unless you are physically in the state at the time of the call. 

So if you're on Medicare and just need a consultation and maybe a prescription to treat a minor illness, are there any other options other than visiting a local urgent care facility?

0 Kudos
Contributor

Some providers offer virtual appointments that you can access from anywhere. Your insurance may have a 24/7 advice hotline for medical guidance. mydestinycard login

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@PaulK150468 

Think you are pretty much out of luck for this sort of care (Part B )  Original Medicare covers some / sometimes under Part A - real emergency care where there is an inpatient or emergency treatment.

Medicare.gov Travel Medical Coverage

I have always purchased travel medical insurance when traveling in years past and at that time, my American Express had such an option - don't know about now.

It's Always Something . . . . Roseanna Roseannadanna
0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

Achieve a top score in our Tournament Tuesday Word Games in May and you could win $100 every 30 days!

Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP