Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Contributor

HSA and HDHCP etc.

Wife starts Medicare Plan A 1 Jan, which is start of new year for me biz wise as I am not 65 yet. Based on my calcs due to IRMAA I'll keep her on my qualified health care plan (business > 20 employees) until I retire. I have a HDHCP and an HSA. Can I keep that plan with my HSA that she is on, or must I switch to PPO plan? I've researched the topic on line but haven't seen anything that directly addresses the exact topic.

Thx

Kudos
Views
Replies
0 Kudos
Social Butterfly

@AndrewA957769  

Here’s a couple of articles that might help explain it. Sounds to me like you might be able to keep the HDHCP but forget about adding any money to the HSA. Probably better off to have a PPO plan?

CMS Fact Sheet   fact 2 page 4    “I have a High-Deductible Health Plan AND a Health Savings Account (HSA)”

HSA and Medicare   AARP article

0 Kudos
Contributor

Those are good articles, thanks, but others I have read state that the HSA only applies to the individual whose salary the money is deducted from. The articles did point out though that I really don't need to have my wife signed up for Part A as long as she's covered under my plan. Hmmmm.....

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipede® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP