Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Applied for UHC but didn't add AARP

Contributor

Applied for UHC but didn't add AARP

Hi this Monday I applied at a local office for UHC Dual Complete plan but they didn't ask if I can AARP nor did it come to mind.  Now I am gonna get a standard UHC card and not one with AARP endorsement.  What can I do?

0 Kudos
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Honored Social Butterfly

@AlejandroG130910 wrote:

Hi this Monday I applied at a local office for UHC Dual Complete plan but they didn't ask if I can AARP nor did it come to mind.  Now I am gonna get a standard UHC card and not one with AARP endorsement.  What can I do?

To my knowledge there are NO AARP-UHC MA plans that are dual eligible oriented.  If you need the Medicare/ Medicaid coverage based on your income (which is what dual eligible means, then the dual eligible plan is gonna be better for your pocketbook because you get financial help via Medicaid (government help - state & federal)which other MA plans don't, like the AARP / UHC MA plan.

This is a little old but it still rings true as far as the definition of what Dual eligible means.

AARP.org 11/13/2018 - Combining Medicare and Medicaid Can Make Health Care More Affordable

from the link ~ and there is more at the link too

Every year many Medicare beneficiaries are surprised to learn that they can face thousands of dollars in costs above what the federal government pays for their health care.

There are premiums, deductibles, copays and coinsurance — costs that vary depending on whether you select original Medicare or a Medicare Advantage plan, where you live, how healthy you are and how much medicine you take.

But there is some financial relief available for older Americans who have low or very low incomes and few assets. Depending on your finances, you could qualify to become what is called a “dual eligible,” someone who can enroll in both Medicare and Medicaid. Even if your income is not low enough for you to qualify for full Medicaid benefits, you may be eligible for one of the four Medicare Savings Programs that can help you pay for all or some of those costly out-of-pocket Medicare expenses.

If you qualify for a dual eligible plan it is gonna be MUCH better on your pocketbook.

It's Always Something . . . . Roseanna Roseannadanna

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@AlejandroG130910 wrote:

To my knowledge there are NO AARP-UHC MA plans that are dual eligible oriented.  If you need the Medicare/ Medicaid coverage based on your income (which is what dual eligible means, then the dual eligible plan is gonna be better for your pocketbook because you get financial help via Medicaid (government help - state & federal)which other MA plans don't, like the AARP / UHC MA plan.

This is a little old but it still rings true as far as the definition of what Dual eligible means.

AARP.org 11/13/2018 - Combining Medicare and Medicaid Can Make Health Care More Affordable

from the link ~ and there is more at the link too

Every year many Medicare beneficiaries are surprised to learn that they can face thousands of dollars in costs above what the federal government pays for their health care.

There are premiums, deductibles, copays and coinsurance — costs that vary depending on whether you select original Medicare or a Medicare Advantage plan, where you live, how healthy you are and how much medicine you take.

But there is some financial relief available for older Americans who have low or very low incomes and few assets. Depending on your finances, you could qualify to become what is called a “dual eligible,” someone who can enroll in both Medicare and Medicaid. Even if your income is not low enough for you to qualify for full Medicaid benefits, you may be eligible for one of the four Medicare Savings Programs that can help you pay for all or some of those costly out-of-pocket Medicare expenses.

If you qualify for a dual eligible plan it is gonna be MUCH better on your pocketbook.

It's Always Something . . . . Roseanna Roseannadanna
0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Space Adventure Pinball and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP