Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Advocacy for Domestic Partners in re: Medicare

Contributor

Advocacy for Domestic Partners in re: Medicare

Is it possible to get AARP to advocate for fair and equitable treatment on behalf of domestic partners with respect to Medicare coverage?

Honored Social Butterfly

@StevenH60448 

Your post really needs to go under the โ€œMedicare and Insuranceโ€. board - 

With that said you may need to expand your complaint because same sex married couple have all the same Medicare rules and regs as do opposite sex married couples.  

Perhaps the problem is with the conditions of โ€œmarriageโ€. speaking of it in the legal sense.  I believe that is a pre-requisite for Medicare benefits to be extended to a partner.  How else could it be? 

But maybe I am just not understanding your post - so please expand on it.

It's Always Something . . . . Roseanna Roseannadanna
0 Kudos
Regular Social Butterfly

Gail, you're always so purposed...

In the late 70s and early 80s my "aunts" who worked for the US Government for over 20 years retired. They deserved more. Any false take on work is wrong @GailL1 

#VegasStrong
Phil Harris, actor and showman, to John Fogerty of CCR: โ€œIf Iโ€™d known Iโ€™d live this long, Iโ€™d have taken better care of myself.โ€
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@WebWiseWoman 

You have lost me -

Hopefully, your โ€œauntsโ€ got what they were eligible for under Medicare.

SSA.gov Mandatory Medicare Coverage 

I will be happy to understand your post and the one by the OP if there is more info given - I really donโ€™t understand what the problem is without more info.

Sorry

It's Always Something . . . . Roseanna Roseannadanna
0 Kudos
Regular Social Butterfly

Great post, Steven! In fact it surprised me as I thought this was already in place and perhaps AARP had been involved. Sadly, searching found neither of those to be true.

This is a most important issue that needs to be addressed.

#VegasStrong
Phil Harris, actor and showman, to John Fogerty of CCR: โ€œIf Iโ€™d known Iโ€™d live this long, Iโ€™d have taken better care of myself.โ€
0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Space Adventure Pinball and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP