Content starts here
CLOSE ×
Search

2024 Rate Info for AARP / UHC Medicare Supplement Plans

Periodic Contributor

2024 Rate Info for AARP / UHC Medicare Supplement Plans

I have been trying to get UHC to provide me my Medicare Supplement rate for 2024. I have called customer service to see if there is any document outlining the rates for 2024 but it is like pulling teeth. The people in the UHC customer service center are very hard to understand and I have had no luck getting any info from them or an email with the details. Any guidance is greatly appreciated. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Social Butterfly

@MarkH983192 

Where are you located? Your location may help in finding the rates for that area.

GodBlessUSA

View solution in original post

Contributor

Please be aware that the 2024 rate for the AARP-UHC Plan G is changing mid-year for me, and is going up an unconscionable 13% as of July 2024. I've been informed it will go up another 5% on top of that for January 2025.

I thing AARP dropped the ball for their membership in going with UHC again this year.  What exactly justifies an 18% price increase in seven months time (from my June 2024 to my January 2025 premium payments)?  How about AARP using this situation to inform members about what's happening across ALL the AARP-sanctioned Medigap healthcare plans, why, and what they're doing to effectively contain costs for their members, so we don't see another huge price increase anytime soon? 

Somebody was asleep at the switch to allow an 18% premium increase to occur in a seven month period. Assure us with the knowledge you gain in reviewing the current travesty that this isn't going to happen again anytime soon,  We can't afford it!!

Periodic Contributor

I had a price increase of 6.3% in February of this year. Now I see another increase of 8.1% in June. Very disappointed to see this going on. Is AARP doing anything to control these out of control price increases? 

Periodic Contributor

I have precisely the same question. Normally the mailing was sent by now, with the rates for the following year, for my UHC supplemental plan. Please advise. I am not* on any AdvantagePlan, nor would I ever be. Thank you. 

Periodic Contributor

Unfortunately I have not gotten anywhere with UHC. They would tell me on the phone my new 2024 supplement rate but I wanted to see a formal UHC document defining the new 2024 supplement insurance rates. Does AARP have any suggestions? 

Periodic Contributor

Thank you Mark. I will try and call them myself tomorrow.

Periodic Contributor

You are very welcome. If you are successful, please provide us with an update.

Contributor

UHC Has my doctors as in network on their network page. They are billing me as out of network.I have contacted UHC over 5 times to have this 

corrected. They are not responsive at all. I am going to have to appeal to their people. I feel very badly for people would choose this health plan through the representation of AARP

Social Butterfly

@MarkH983192 

Where are you located? Your location may help in finding the rates for that area.

GodBlessUSA

Periodic Contributor

I am located in Wisconsin. I was hoping UHC just had a document with the 2024 rates. On my UHC account web page, the Part D section had a specific link showing the new 2024 rate (which increased quite a bit) but nothing for the supplement insurance for 2024. 

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

AARP Limited Time Offer: Memorial Day Sale! Join or renew for just $9 per year when you sign up for a 5-year term and get a FREE gift.

AARP Memorial Day Membership Sale

More From AARP