Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Some Real World Dating Advice for Men Over 50

Message 11 of 44

Good for you, 

I know  the feeling the loneliness at our age is the worst.  Just to even bounce ideas of of someone would help. Just  to have a normal  conversation with a person my age 54  would be great... Nancy 

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 12 of 44

I had not dated for over 1/2 century. My 50 year old son was no help so I thought about asking my grand children and well no.

there is no reason to be afraid. I chose a dating site. It offered options, and privacy. If I found some one of interest, I could ask questions via message. If it went past that I could due due diligence.

What is difficult is realizing who you really are and who/what you are looking for. Until you answer these questions do not start. I say that from expirience, I didn’t at first and made a recoverable mistake. 

I wnt went back to the drawing board, and had success. she and I  have been together for almost 4 years now.

Webster Russell
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 13 of 44

To noblefool,  I love what you say about the look.  It brought a smile to my face remembering when my late husband and I had some people over for dinner, my friend said to me “I can tell how much you love him just by the way you look at him”  what a blessing for her to say that in front of him as he passed a year later.  

But it after being alone, not dating for 12 years, can we ever find that again.  I’m afraid to try.  Am I the only one?

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 14 of 44

RichardC415992,

Why don't you try to join a Meet Up. You can meet like minded people and have a great time too.  There is no charge  for theses groups and you never know who is out there for you. Nancy 

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 15 of 44

Glad my post about Meet Ups was helpful. The old fashioned way still may work. Nancy 

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 16 of 44

I love meetups.  While online dating sites are great if you’re into volume dating, for great dates, there is still nothing better than the old fashioned way.  Remember those days where you actually meet someone first, typically doing something you both liked doing.  Some of the best dates I’ve had since being single again, I met through meetups.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 17 of 44

Try starting a MEET UP. You can start anything,  walks,  hikes,  movies. You can meet like minded  people  and have fun too. Nancy 

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 18 of 44

I'm on the same page as you. I'm longing for loving and belonging......know anyone?

all the best

Richard

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: Some Real World Dating Advice for Men Over 50, Very good

Message 19 of 44

Your so right, good advice 

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Re: Some Real World Dating Advice for Men Over 50 an update

Message 20 of 44

Well it has been two years since our last update.

It has been going on four years since we met on the internet and we are still together. With time we have drawn closer. We understand each other better, and we enjoy each other more. There is something special to the second time around.

Since our last update we have published two books, almost completed our third, and started doing some research on our fourth.

We continue to travel, meet new people and make new friends. We document out travels on Facebook and soon on YouTube.

If their is one thing we have learned, life alone is not what it is cracked up to be.

Russ and Dee

Webster Russell
Kudos
Views