Views
Replies
Silver Conversationalist

Mid-June, and temperature on rise,

great, more sweating, no big surprise.

Long-sleeves gone, despair,

short ones, nearly bare.

Flabby arms, sleeveless, I despise.

Highest air temperature ever recorded on earth, fittingly in Furnace Creek Ranch, Death Valley California, on July 10, 1913.  It hit a whopping 134.1 degrees!

0 Kudos
Silver Conversationalist

In response to a riddle on the retirement forum:

Back in October 1982,

treasury cost-cutting, knew what to do.

Change copper to mostly zinc,

that was a smart way to think.

So, keep old pennies instead of the new.

Which reminds me: President Lincoln never went to jail because he was in a cent.

0 Kudos
Silver Conversationalist

Entered my first limerick contest a few weeks back, it didn't win any prize, but it was so much fun trying it out.  Had to use a word from a list of three, I selected outlet:

Mom had grown deeply upset,

she needed a calming outlet.

Between work and home schooling,

her schedule was grueling.

Answer, chocolate baguette.

Will enter some more contests in the near future.

0 Kudos
Silver Conversationalist

Recently revised this limerick ( as I learned more about number of syllables for traditional limericks ) for my brother. Back story:  When he was three or four, all he wanted to eat were Cheerios, hot dogs, peanut butter and ketchup sandwiches, which leads me to a limerick about Wonder bread.

Wonder, that was the white bread,

my brother loved, and was fed.

Squash into tiny ball,

is that it, is that all?

I'll eat whole wheat bread instead.

0 Kudos
Bronze Conversationalist

@Rhymesometimes and @postman29 , I'm really enjoying your limericks. Very creative, both of you.

Silver Conversationalist

@DeahWA , You got me started on the limericks when you mentioned National Limerick Day, and I can't stop.  A true sickness.  😄  ---  Christine the limericker

0 Kudos
Bronze Conversationalist

Oh no! LOL

Methinks you engaged your creativity long before that @Rhymesometimes . 😉

0 Kudos
Silver Conversationalist

Hey @DeahWA how did you know? My mom made sure each of her children had something they excelled in.  My brother Steve music and song writing, my brother Matt engineering, math and computers and I was always always the "crafty" and literary one.  Crochet, needlepoint, counted cross stitch, looming hats, jewelry making, reading and writing.  Now I can add limericks and ink and water colors.  Of course I can get totally nerdy and mention my love of sudoku, trivia books and Quiddler, Boggle and Rumi Kubes.  Learning Mexican Train with dominos this week with my hubby. 

I found a blog that has a limerick contest every two weeks.  Going to try it out. 

What are you up to?  Any more progress on your book?   ---  Christine

0 Kudos
Conversationalist

If you have something to say,

writing a limerick is the way.

You can say what you want,

you can type in any font,

as long as it makes someone's day!

Silver Conversationalist

Steve the @postman29 another awesome, award-winning limerick.  I think it's time to admit we have a serious limerick writing addiction.  That's always the first step right?  Not sure if I can find an AA like support group, kind of specialized.  My husband continues to support this crazy new hobby.  Does your wife think it's a little bit crazy, cheesy or nerdy?   ---   Christine

Conversationalist

Christine, she's not into limericks but likes that I've found another hobby lol! It gives her more quiet time to watch British mysteries and comedies! I think she's got the right idea. No addiction there. 

Silver Conversationalist

Steve the @postman29 , That's good.  My hubby and I are finishing up a series called "Reign" on Netflix.  Got to go make bean burritos, so we can view it in style.😃 Going to take a few days off. Rest my overwork limerick rhyming brain.  Hopefully, I don't start dreaming in rhyme!  Take care, enjoy the weekend.   ---  Christine the limericker 😄

Conversationalist

You also Christine. We love those burritos here! Hope you both enjoy your weekend and Netflix. The only Reign we have here is spelled rain. Glad I mowed the lawn yesterday lol. Movie day for my wife and I tomorrow. Get rest. I look forward to your next limerick post or whatever creative post you come up with. Steve 😊 

Silver Conversationalist

Steve the @postman29 , Couldn't resist, they had a post about favorite 80's movies in the entertainment forum and a limerick poured right out.  Ugh, a blessing and a curse. 😄   ---  Christine the Limericker

Kudos
Views