Getting ready to enroll in Medicare? AARP’s Medicare Made Easy has the resources you need to help you make the right choices.

Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: What Do You Think is the Most Romantic Movie Ever?

Message 81 of 180

I love Captain Corelli's Mandolin too!  Another in the same vein,  Keanu Reeves in A Walk in the Clouds!"  A gorgeously photographed movie and Keanu and his leading lady are as handsome and beautiful as you can wish for!  A perfect ending too! 

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 82 of 180

The movie I found most romantic (and I watch every time it is on), is An Affair to Remember, which stars Deborah Kerr and Cary Grant.  How can you argue against a pair of lovers like that?  Interestingly, this is a remake of Love Affair which starred Charles Boyer and Irene Dunne, another great pairing!  Both movies are great, but An Affair to Remember is in color and, need I repeat, Cary Grant at his most charming and beautiful Deborah Kerr!  Both have other love interests when they first meet on a cruise ship.  Despite efforts to pretend there is nothing going on, everybody knows!  As they reach the port in New York City, they make a vow to meet on Christmas Day at the top of the Empire State Building (yes, this device was used in Sleepless in Seattle, another great love story!)..

As it happens, Deborah goes to the Empire State Building but things do not always turn out as planned.  The ending always leaves me blubbering, so why not join me!  

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 83 of 180

The Accidental Tourist

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 84 of 180
My favorite....such a story and the acting and actors are pretty good too!
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 85 of 180
Splendor in the Grass     Love it   it is a tear jerker for sure.

Life's a Journey, not a Destination" Aerosmith
Kudos
Views
Recognized Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 86 of 180

Image result for pic from the movie somewhere in timeFor me, one of the most romantic movies ever made was ....

"Somewhere In Time" starring Jane Seymour and Christopher Reeve both at their most lovely and handsome respectively.  The movie was a beautifully blended contemporary and  period piece.  It was filmed on Michigan's  picturesque MacKinac Island  where even today, time stands still.  I haven't seen this movie in years.  But I remember it fondly.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re:Tgec What Do You Think is the Most Romantic Movie Ever?

Message 87 of 180

THE WAY WE WERE.  ....When Hubble slowly takes the last flyer from Katie' s hands...with teared eyes and mumbles "see ya Katie"... then stops traffic to get to his waiting cab across the street, then Katie half smiles with " See you Hubble...I'M DONE..each and every time.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 88 of 180

Out of Africa starring Robert Redford and Meryl Streep.

Kudos
Views
Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 89 of 180

An Affair to remember was my all time favorite as well , until i saw Bridges of Madiso County., and '' Murphys  Romance.. Ofcourse  they're both about love between older  individuals, which i can relate to.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 90 of 180

I like my romances with a little comedy in them: When Harry Met Sally, Sleepless in Seattle, 50 First Dates, Stardust, The Princess Bride, but for straight romance it has to be either Casablanca, Titanic or An Affair to Remember.  I vote for Casablanca.

Kudos
Views