Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Conclusions re:Seniors in Tampa Bay area

Super Contributor

Conclusions re:Seniors in Tampa Bay area

After visiting the Tampa bay area, I've decided against even "snow-birding" in that area for the following reasons; #1-Traffic. Unless you are a person who really enjoys playing in four-to-six lanes of traffic all headed in the same direction at 60 to 80 MPH (with the occasional crotch-rocket idiot shooting past at 130 plus on his donorcycle), you will not like the traffic in this area at all.    #2-Housing-You either have your choice of downtown half-million-dollar condos, ghetto/barrio residences or suburban newer homes in Zepherhills, Wesley Chapel, etc., which are also priced at half-million and up, and which will "steal" hours per day of your precious few remaining ones engaging in no.1 above, and with no police protection that I ever saw!      #3-Inflation-I believe this area ties with New York City and California in high prices for everything. I paid a tab at one restaurant for only my wife & I of $78.00 including tip. Sure, there's a lot to see & do if you can afford the average museum & gallery cost of forty bucks per head.  Just not Senior friendly, folks!

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

You're absolutely right, not to mention the high temperature and humidity in the summer, as well as the hurricanes. The only good thing is that I don't have to shovel snow!

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Block Champ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP