Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

♡ Today Marks My '7th' Anniversary of Quitting Smoking! (◕‿◕) ♡

Honored Social Butterfly

♡ Today Marks My '7th' Anniversary of Quitting Smoking! (◕‿◕) ♡

Spoiler
Just do it! 🙂

Today marks my '7th' anniversary of quitting smoking, 'Cold Turkey.' You know that expression, right? It's when you just stop doing it, like slamming on the brakes, and leaving a skid mark on the road.

My story really isn't that interesting...it is bizarre, though, as I never thought I'd ever quit. I started smoking when I was 14 years old. Fast-forward to 2016, and I just quit. Zero cravings. It's like I have never smoked a day in my life.

NOTE: Listen to your mind/body, peeps! It tells you lots of things, as did mine when it told me to (*in little voice*) 'STOP SMOKING, KELLY, NOW!' And, I did. Going by what-ifs,' I feel that if I did continue to smoke cigarettes, I would have fallen 'ill,' sooner than later.

I am sympathetic to those that absolutely cannot quit, like my mother, she practically died with a cigarette between her fingers. We tried everything to get her to quit, growing up, but she just went back to it, and eventually died of lung cancer, because of it. Sadly, I still smoked after her passing, like a fool, the main reason why I thought I'd never quit. It's the awful truth!

Yet, on this day, I will celebrate my milestone, because it's easier to get into, than to get out.

Past Me: 'I've been a smoker, for 33 years!' (1983-2016)
Present Day Me: 'EW.'

Hope this helps someone struggling with the 'bad' habit. Thanks. 🙂

DID! :DDID! 😄

Here, the gateway to our bad habits. What were they thinking! 😂

Gateway to bad habits what were they thinking.png

ANCIENT HISTORY!!! 😂

ANCIENT HISTORY.jpg

DYK? >>> Ben Lee - Cigarettes Will Kill You  🙈🙉🙊

flashy cig.gif

Over and out, Kelly. 🙂

Kudos
Views
Replies
4 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
Honored Social Butterfly

♡ | @Anonymous | @Therapist4u@nctarheel | @LeeS4949 | 

TY.gif  😊

View solution in original post

Honored Social Butterfly

@KellytheBelly wrote:
Spoiler
Just do it! 🙂

Today marks my '7th' anniversary of quitting smoking, 'Cold Turkey.' You know that expression, right?

Over and out, Kelly. 🙂

Congrats on your achievement. I, too, quit cold turkey, over 15 years ago. I was to be getting back surgery. The surgeon was going to do a bone graft. He could use a bone from a bone bank or take bone from my own hip to use in the graft. As I was a smoker at the time, he stated that recovery took extra long for smokers, thus using my own bone for the graft would require recovery from the back surgery but also from the removal of bone they took from the hip. He said if I quit smoking at least 30 days prior to surgery and stayed a non-smoker for the two months after surgery, he could use the bone from the bone bank which he preferred. Again, recovery using the bone bank bone would be more likely as a non-smoker...less rejection......less other complications. I did what he said and quit...cold turkey. Once the surgery was done and the three months passed.... I didn't even feel like picking up a cigarette and have never smoked again.

Kudos
Views
Gold Conversationalist

You’re welcome Kelly! 😊

I like that you said: “I am sympathetic to those that absolutely cannot quit”

Many who do quit will say: Well...If I can do it....SO CAN YOU!

Yet...

The reality is addictions affect everyone in unique ways...some can quit after a long time with a lengthy & arduous  struggle...some quit after a major health scare like a heart attack...& some...like your Mom....& my Mom ...& Dad...just could not.....

So you try to help them as much as they will let you...& love them all the way....until the end! ❤️

God Bless them! 🙏

Take care dear Kelly!🌹

Silver Conversationalist

Congratulations to you. That was a monumental achievement. Ive never smoked but I know those that have and I understand that its a monstrous test of will and resolve to not only accomplish quitting but to also stay the course for as long as you have. GOOD FOR YOU !!!!!

Silver Conversationalist

Congratulations to you. That was a monumental achievement. Ive never smoked but I know those that have and I understand that its a monstrous test of will and resolve to not only accomplish quitting but to also stay the course for as long as you have. GOOD FOR YOU !!!!!

Honored Social Butterfly

@KellytheBelly wrote:
Spoiler
Just do it! 🙂

Today marks my '7th' anniversary of quitting smoking, 'Cold Turkey.' You know that expression, right?

Over and out, Kelly. 🙂

Congrats on your achievement. I, too, quit cold turkey, over 15 years ago. I was to be getting back surgery. The surgeon was going to do a bone graft. He could use a bone from a bone bank or take bone from my own hip to use in the graft. As I was a smoker at the time, he stated that recovery took extra long for smokers, thus using my own bone for the graft would require recovery from the back surgery but also from the removal of bone they took from the hip. He said if I quit smoking at least 30 days prior to surgery and stayed a non-smoker for the two months after surgery, he could use the bone from the bone bank which he preferred. Again, recovery using the bone bank bone would be more likely as a non-smoker...less rejection......less other complications. I did what he said and quit...cold turkey. Once the surgery was done and the three months passed.... I didn't even feel like picking up a cigarette and have never smoked again.

Kudos
Views
Honored Social Butterfly

♡ | @Anonymous | @Therapist4u@nctarheel | @LeeS4949 | 

TY.gif  😊

Gold Conversationalist

You’re welcome Kelly! 😊

I like that you said: “I am sympathetic to those that absolutely cannot quit”

Many who do quit will say: Well...If I can do it....SO CAN YOU!

Yet...

The reality is addictions affect everyone in unique ways...some can quit after a long time with a lengthy & arduous  struggle...some quit after a major health scare like a heart attack...& some...like your Mom....& my Mom ...& Dad...just could not.....

So you try to help them as much as they will let you...& love them all the way....until the end! ❤️

God Bless them! 🙏

Take care dear Kelly!🌹

Gold Conversationalist

Hi Kelly! Denise & I say:

Congrats Kelly on your '7th' anniversary of quitting smoking!Congrats Kelly on your '7th' anniversary of quitting smoking!

Congrats on your '7th' anniversary of quitting smoking!

Anonymous
Not applicable

(1 comment) Hmmm Allen @Therapist4u , I thought you said Denise was your ex? /lol 😂🤣

Anyway, just logged in to congratulate @KellytheBelly .

Goodnight 😴

Gold Conversationalist

So Nicole....Denise kept stalking me 😍until I gave in! LOL!!😸

Also....it appears that after you finally got your circle to turn gray.....you just couldn’t stay away....you just miss peeps like Kelly...& your Therapist too much! Haahaa

Take care ☮️  🌄 ~Allen 🌈  🎨

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Block Champ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP