Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Anonymous
Not applicable

Anyone Else Luv Reading?

• This discussion was created on March 26, 2021.
  • If yes, what type of reading material do you like?
Regular Contributor

thank you  I love reading I used overview  but now Libby . Its free and i have acess  to the library. I would parish I think if I could not read.

Contributor

Hi Lynne I luv reading and Writing. How do I share my book with other readers on this forum? Thank You.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@DonnaM633669 wrote:

Hi Lynne I luv reading and Writing. How do I share my book with other readers on this forum? Thank You.

๐Ÿ’ฅHi @DonnaM633669 I am not sure what AARP Guidelines are regarding promoting a book you have written. Maybe PM (Private Message) @AARPMichaelP and/or @AARPRachelA . Good Luck! ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ’ฅ

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

๐Ÿ’ฅApril 4, 2021๐Ÿ’ฅ

@LynneS930241 thank you for stopping by. Happy Easter if you celebrate it ๐Ÿ™‚ Angela

0 Kudos
Conversationalist

I admit, I'm reading a lot less these days. For me, it's tough when the phone is always at arm's reach and there's always something on there.  But I think your photo perhaps indicates a recommendation of "Finding the Blue Sky." Perhaps I'll check it out, because heaven knows I could use happiness here and now! Are the libraries open again yet?

...Are there still libraries?  

Anonymous
Not applicable

๐Ÿ’ฅMarch 29, 2021๐Ÿ’ฅ

Hi @AvocadoDog my local library has a sign up stating they have appointments. I bought that book for $1 at my local Dollar Tree. Lol, yes, it is taking me forever to finish it. And yes, I need some HOPE I will stiil be alive when and if covid goes away. Ready for things to return to normal. Maybe you can order books online from your library and have them mailed to you. I use to do that many years ago. Not sure if they still do this. Or maybe pick up your book orders at their drive thru window. Would luv to hear what happens if you can ๐Ÿ™‚ Angela

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist

Dollar Tree!  I scour their book section every time I go in there โ€” no joke. They always have an interesting, albeit small, selection that tends to change from week to week (though it makes me cringe for the authors whose books are remaindered there so quickly after publication). 

I looked it up and yes โ€” we have a "Library to Go" program here. I miss going in to my local branch, but I imagine they'll reopen soon. I'd end up buying something from the used bookstore in the front more often than checking out a book, though. 

But when I would check something out, I'm the world's slowest reader; I never get it back on time (and that's with renewing it online), and I end up paying late fees.

Either way, the library gets my hard-earned, oh, about 50ยข or so!

Anonymous
Not applicable

๐Ÿ’ฅMarch 31, 2021๐Ÿ’ฅ

@AvocadoDog I am going later today to Dollar Tree for my MONTHLY treat. Lol, got to stay out of there = spend way too much $$$$. I start out with my famous list I add to as I run out of cleaning products, toiletries - but end up with additional items. Lucky you, my local Dollar Tree book section is ALWAYS a hot mess. Not sure if employees ever organize it. I have learn't to dig around to see if anything new has been added. I often wonder where they order their books from. Well, when and if you end up getting book(s) to read, would luv an update. I tend to like mystery and self-help. Been reading since childhood. Was my escape from an awful home environment - Nancy Drew books ๐Ÿ™‚

Conversationalist

My local Dollar Tree's book section. Book lovers and librarians far and wide are gasping for air.My local Dollar Tree's book section. Book lovers and librarians far and wide are gasping for air.Oh, the book section is usually a hot mess at my local Dollar Tree, too. But sometimes they have a display up front, and when they're there instead of crammed on a shelf near the back (where they are otherwise in my store), they're usually a bit more organized. 

Never read any Nancy Drews growing up.  I might have read one Hardy Boys. Got more into mysteries as an adult, though โ€” Perry Mason! Very formulaic, but I enjoyed 'em.

Anonymous
Not applicable

๐Ÿ’ฅApril 1, 2021๐Ÿ’ฅ

@AvocadoDog yes, Perry Mason, Sherlock Holmes, Murder She Wrote, Hallmark Movies & Mysteries, Poirot etc. I am NOT into the bloody thriller etc. So I find myself searching very hard for NEW material ๐Ÿ˜ž

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Asteroidsยฎ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP