Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Trusted Contributor

earning rewards

I started earning points daily with the incorporation of the new program.  Before that I would earn points now and then.  Then one day I had to use them up because the program was changing.  I always try to earn the max of 7500 points daily.  It is not hard and on an average day it might take me 45 minutes to earn them.  Your results may vary.  There are several categories to earn points. When on the points site, use the filter tab.  Three themes:  Health, wealth, and self.  Next choose the type of activity.  7 to choose from.  Finally the sort, three types.  I filter it to self, videos, and any sort.  A few pages of activities will pop up.  I do these activities first.  As I complete them, a check mark appears.  I do all of the ones in this section.  When I have completed them I change the filter.  Self, quizzes, any sort.  Repeat the process.  Eventually I will exhaust this filter and move on.  The exception to this is when I filter it to tools and calculations.  I will leave all three themes as it is only 2 pages of activity.  I have also done one time activities like signing up for newsletters, or yearly activities.  But the ones that are monthly, weekly, or daily will be available to complete. By using the filters you do not need to scroll through 32 pages of activities to find the ones you need to complete.  You will only be scrolling through a few pages.  Then you are done with that filter and can move on to the next filter.

I have done the games but it is very limited in points. 

I have not used the fitness tracker or the AARP engagement. 

You can also earn points with the trivia questions that appear in the AARP Rewards newsletter.  You need to scroll down the page to find this event.

The first of each month, under the DISCOVER tab, you will find extra credit offers.  These are offers which you will eventually find in any of the above filters but if you go to the Discover page each month and earn these 10 or so activities now, you will gain access to the extra credit rewards sooner.

If you do as many of the activities that are one time (for this time period, be it weekly, monthly, or yearly) you will get to the point (for me it is about the 20th of each month) that the only activities left are daily.  Don't worry, you can do the same activities every day and get points each time.

If you find yourself with points not being awarded or problems with a given activity, you can use the chat feature under the help tab on the AARP website.  Ask the bot for a live agent to help resolve any issues you are having.

Good luck and earn your points!

0 Kudos
Silver Conversationalist

hi @jserramcorder

Would it not be easier to do all the Quizzes for 450 points. then all the 300 point videos, then all the 75 point calculators, maxing out each day until you complete each category ????

Just Saying 

lucyp061351
0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

You can see the Daily Instant Wins here:  bit.ly/2ZMG8ny

Sweeps: bit.ly/2M430fl

AARPTeri
0 Kudos
Contributor

Does anyone ever win the Sweepstakes??? AARP does not report the winners, if any....

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

fyi I entered the instant wins today and won another Subway gift card.  No sweepstakes.  Yet...fingers crossed....

Silver Conversationalist

@JudyM322999 @jserramcorder 

Under where you enter the sweepstakes, click on ‘Official Rules’. It takes you to ‘Sweepstakes Rules’. Click on the sweepstake you are interested in. Once there, scroll down to the bottom and click on the link titled ‘Winner List’.

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

thanks for enlightening me.  I did not know about this.  I assume I would get an email or something if I had won.  Hopefully it is not one of those things you have to reply by this much time to redeem it!

Trusted Contributor

Both me and my dad have each won a sweepstakes. They will send you an email. My dad won a gift card and didn't have to do anything. I won a cash prize so I had 5 days to fill out a tax form online or they would give it to someone else.

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

PS  The only time I saw anything about a winner was an interview they had with a winner on one of their newsletters.

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

I have never won a sweepstakes but I have won the instant prizes, maybe 6 or 7 times over

12-15 months.  I did not win until about 8 months after starting.  I play many of them but not all of them.  A few weeks ago I entered the wrong  contest and won.  Go figure.  Would be nice if AARP was more transparent with the winners. (Grocery store Trader Joe had a promo when you used your own bag, you got a raffle ticket, which I entered but never won.  Then they stopped it, I asked why, they said the same people were winning, I said Well, it wasn't me!)

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipede® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP