Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Contributor

Hotels: The Distrikt (Hilton Brand Boutique) - NYC

Just wanting to give a heads up on this hotel which we booked recently using the AARP MEMBER PREPAY rate.

This hotel is deceptive in its practices. And I should have looked at the reviews online before booking it but we trusted it because it is in the Hilton family and have always had a good experience. Online there are many reviews and quite a few that talk about how this hotel gets you to book under one price and then hits you with all these fees afterwards. And yep - they are trying to do this with us.

We booked them for Jul 16-Jul17 and we paid $269.38 up front via Amex. Our confirmation even shows $211.68 for the room (1 King Bed AARP MEMBER PREPAY) + Total Fees $20 + Total Taxes $37.70 and it was charged to our Amex on 6/30/22. They charged our card an additional $22.95 on Jul 18!

I am arguing with our Hilton Honors department and they are arguing with this hotel for me. But I have also disputed the charge on our card. Just want others to know to stay away from this place.

Thomas G. and Jessica M. Van Decker
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Block Champ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP