Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

With A Little Help From Your Friends

Community Concierge

With A Little Help From Your Friends

You know health goals are worth the effort, but doing the work to achieve those goals might take some perseverance. Thatโ€™s where pairing up with a buddy can help, so check out these 'How To' tips to get started. Why? Results from the study in this article suggest that with social support, people were 95 percent more likely to complete their workout programs. Visit AARPยฎ Staying Sharpยฎ for more brain health information.

-------- NO !!! ------------
No, I do NOT have, use or want a workout buddy. I tried that but the "buddy" and I always had different ideas on how fast to go or what to do next. I found I was always giving in to "buddy's"  way of working out. Not a fun workout. 
I enjoy the workouts, doing what I want and going at MY pace.

0 Kudos
Bronze Conversationalist

My workout consists of a 2 mile walk-run 6 mornings a week.  I have a balance problem, so I have to hold on to my husband's hand (or arm or shirt-tails) to keep from falling over.  Therefore, he has become my workout partner.  

0 Kudos
Social Butterfly

My workout buddy is called Fido.

Contributor

๐Ÿคฃ

0 Kudos
Recognized Social Butterfly

Ladies and Gentlemen, I workout alone and itโ€™s best you donโ€™t have to wait and /or wonder are they working out ๐Ÿ‹๏ธโ€โ™€๏ธ Today. Alone you know youโ€™re ๐Ÿ‹๏ธโ€โ™€๏ธโ€ฆ.Daily 

Racquel Evans
Contributor

Some people need a push or a boost to work out

0 Kudos
Contributor

I would use an accountability buddy but I don't how much good it would do me.  It would be worth a try though.

0 Kudos
Contributor

It does a lot of good having someone for accountability

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Block Champ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP