Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

When can older Americans expect to get the COVID-19 vaccine?

Community Manager
Community Manager

When can older Americans expect to get the COVID-19 vaccine?

As COVID-19 vaccines become increasingly available in the U.S. over the coming months, older adults who have been disproportionately affected by the pandemic are expected to be prioritized over the general public. But those who are 65 and older will still likely need to wait a few months before they can get vaccines that are in high demand but relatively short supply. Shots are expected to be widely available by mid-2021, but some may get them earlier.

For more information: When Can Older Americans Expect to Get the COVID-19 Vaccine?

The efficacy of the vaccine depends in part on widespread public participation. Will you get the COIVD-19 vaccine when it becomes available to you?

0 Kudos
Contributor

As of December 22, it appears that the next round of vaccine will be shared between essential workers and seniors 75 and older.  Teachers are included as essential workers.  It is unconscionable that a young teacher who is at very limited risk of fatality from COVID should receive the vaccine before a person 65 or older, who is far more likely to die as a result of the disease.

I implore AARP to lobby intensely for seniotrs in this regard.

Community Manager
Community Manager

I hear you @t584849r. The vaccine rollout has not been what I had hoped for. Here's AARP's official statement.

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Asteroids® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP