Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Regular Contributor

Tips on how to simplify your life.

Start by clearing the clutter from inside out.

1. โ€‹Identify obstacles, energy zappers, and mental clutter that is blocking you fromโ€‹moving forward in your personal journey.
  2. Prioritize items that matter and focus your attention accordingly.
  3. Remove yourself from chaos, so you can regain control and find peace in all areas of their life.
  4. Live an authentic life with purpose and confidence.

What do you think? Easier said than done!

Regular Contributor

What are the obstacles that prevent you from moving forward? Are they self-imposed? 

0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

I learned that I didn't always have healthy relationships with people due to codependency. People that weren't really good friends or partners, I kept in my life because my self-worth was contingent upon them even though they weren't nice to me. My behavior was due to my low self-esteem and depression.

I first started by improving my relationship with myself. Speaking with a therapist, using positive affirmations, and developing healing practices are all currently helping me to re-connect with who I am. This work has made me re-evaluate what I believe a true and good friend or partner is, and I've found a small number of people that treat me with the kindness, dignity and respect that I deserve (outside of my family). People that I feel comfortable enough to be vulnerable with, while also setting healthy boundaries. There's only a handful of people I have like that in my life. I prefer to have deep, meaningful connections with a few people than superficial connections with many people.

0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

Definitely easier said than done! Self-care and healing are so important. I believe when we incorporate those elements into our lives, our lives become simpler because we have a deep sense of self-awareness. To incorporate into my routine, I started by using Maslow's hierarchy of needs to determine what area of self-care to focus on first. For me, it was love and belonging. I re-evaluated my friendships and focused on forming relationships with people I deeply connect with - step 2 listed above.

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

Thank you for your insight. When re-evaluating your friendships, what were your criteria? 

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Block Champ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP