CLOSE ×

Search

Dealing With Pain With High Blood Pressure Health Tip ๐Ÿ’‰

Anonymous
Not applicable

Dealing With Pain With High Blood Pressure Health Tip ๐Ÿ’‰

LEAVE A HEALTH TIP FORUM

๐Ÿ’ฅSaturday - June 12, 2021๐Ÿ’ฅ

Hope it helps someone in pain and/or has blood pressure. Together we can overcome pain! ๐Ÿ˜

• My dental appointment was canceled for May 11th, rescheduled to June 24th.
  • Broken suction equipment at dental office and their usual overbooking. ๐Ÿ™„ 
  • The tooth that only needed a cavity filled now needs a root canal. ๐Ÿ˜ค
  • Today I am battling major pain from the now swollen and infected gum. ๐Ÿ˜ญ
  • I have to be careful with over-the-counter Advil and had checked with my nurse practitioner to get her okay. Yes, on a very short-term basis was her response. โš ๏ธ I also went online to read up on the possible side effects. Yikes, possible liver damage. ๐Ÿ˜ฑ 
  • To reduce my dosage, I wait until my pain kicks in before I take only 1 Advil. Yes, bottle says 2 is okay. It also says take 4 to 6 hours. And not more than 6 in 24 hours.
  • Lol, I have a notebook to keep track of my dosage as it is already a challenge to remember to take my daily blood pressure pill as soon as I wake up. ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚ No need to overdose on Advil and end up in the emergency room. ๐Ÿ˜ฑ
  • I also keep 2 ice packs in my freezer to use for my swollen gum. I am a big baby with pain. ๐Ÿ˜ญ Pain and swelling goes away within 1/2 hour. I have learn't to chill during that time = stress aggravates my pain. My nurse practitioner also told me pain increases our blood pressure. ๐Ÿ˜ฑ

Angela

Anonymous
Not applicable

Stop by to read the comments and/or leave a comment.

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

๐Ÿ’ฅSaturday - June 12, 2021๐Ÿ’ฅ

THIS IS A HEALTH TIP! Hope it helps someone in pain and/or has blood pressure. Feel free to comment and/or leave a tip. Together we can overcome pain! I am the biggest baby with pain/lol. ๐Ÿ˜

• My dental appointment was canceled for May 11th, rescheduled to June 24th.
  • Broken suction equipment at dental office and their usual overbooking. ๐Ÿ™„ 
  • The tooth that only needed a cavity filled now needs a root canal. ๐Ÿ˜ค
  • Today I am battling major pain from the now swollen and infected gum. ๐Ÿ˜ญ
  • I have to be careful with over-the-counter Advil and had checked with my nurse practitioner to get her okay. Yes, on a very short-term basis was her response. โš ๏ธ I also went online to read up on the possible side effects. Yikes, possible liver damage. ๐Ÿ˜ฑ 
  • To reduce my dosage, I wait until my pain kicks in before I take only 1 Advil. Yes, bottle says 2 is okay. It also says take 4 to 6 hours. And not more than 6 in 24 hours.
  • Lol, I have a notebook to keep track of my dosage as it is already a challenge to remember to take my daily blood pressure pill as soon as I wake up. ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚ No need to overdose on Advil and end up in the emergency room. ๐Ÿ˜ฑ
  • I also keep 2 ice packs in my freezer to use for my swollen gum. I am a big baby with pain. ๐Ÿ˜ญ Pain and swelling goes away within 1/2 hour. I have learn't to chill during that time = stress aggravates my pain. My nurse practitioner also told me pain increases our blood pressure. ๐Ÿ˜ฑ

Angela

๐Ÿ’ฅ Anyone else out there in pain and/or has high blood pressure? ๐Ÿ’ฅ

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Anonymous
Not applicable

๐Ÿ’ฅSunday - June 13, 2021๐Ÿ’ฅ

@Chocolatt thanks for stopping by to join our discussion. ๐Ÿ˜ 

0 Kudos
Social Butterfly

Did the Advil help?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Raynyky wrote:

Did the Advil help?

๐Ÿ’ฅYes it did @Raynyky ๐Ÿ˜ Thanks for asking! ๐Ÿ’ฅ

Social Butterfly

Iโ€™m extremely lucky not to have any heath issues. 

Social Butterfly

Glad to hear. 

cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Asteroidsยฎ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP