Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Community Concierge

Controlling Your Emotions

Managing your emotions may help you think more clearly and stay centered, so that you can be the person you want to be. Learn about the roots of emotion and the pathways to emotional agility in The Power of Emotions Challenge, one of four challenges in the Staying Sharpยฎ Mental Well-Being Challenge Series. Visit AARPยฎ Staying Sharpยฎ for more information.

Trusted Contributor

Don't forget to take advantage of access to counselors / therapists, through tele-medicine.

take care all

Trusted Contributor

WELL IT TOOK ME literally years TO GET A THERAPIST ON mEDICARE OR mEDICAID--I JUST GOT ONE,AFTER LOOKING FOR YEARS--ONLINE.ONLY ONLINE.--MEDICARE only gets on phone or computer.--don't give ME a line about how great these two insurances are; lots of medical people DUMPED OREGON, LEFT US---MANY.They refused all govt. insur,left the state.WHOLE BIG CLINICS DISSOLVED. GONE!.--Don'tt try to get a  Psychiatrist they LEFT. I know people who need "psychiatric meds" must use"nurse practitioners or even an internist.--only for medication.)---incidentally, that type of med is often a "brain-damage med".Peop,le don't understand about psychiatric meds--they are often to fix BRAIN DAMAGE,often forever.--not everyone, but a lot of them.--A lot of psychiatric damage is permanent.--it does not heal up.

Contributor

It's a real problem in South Florida too. To find proper medical and mental health programs for Medicare and disability clients to get help. I thought I would be able to get better info/help on AARP, but not so. I guess they are all waiting on us to get sicker and die. Less elderly to help. New immigrants are coming every day to take our place. 

Community Concierge

Elaine,

There is information on Medicare on aarp.org at https://www.aarp.org/health/medicare-insurance/. This Medicare Resource Center includes a wide variety of articles on the different plans. You can also call toll free 8 a.m.-8 p.m. Eastern M-F, 877-634-8213 if you have specific questions.

cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipedeยฎ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP