Content starts here
CLOSE ×
Search
Community Concierge

Bring More Happiness Into Your Life

Happiness not only feels good — it may also be good for you. Why? Happiness is linked to better heart health and and even to increased longevity. So how can you enhance your bliss and your brain health? It’s often not the big things but the little ones that can bring you more joy. Want to learn more? Explore our interactive challenge, The Pursuit of Happiness, and learn about habits that experts believe may increase happiness — from connecting with others to practicing kindness. Visit AARP® Staying Sharp®, an AARP member benefit, for more information on brain health.

Regular Contributor

What brings me joy is having a meal with friends, concerts, helping out at my church, reading a good book, watching Brit drama/crime shows, sitting 

in a park, watching dog videos, music and travel.

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

I experience happiness when I spread kindness to others; for instance, I recently gave a birthday gift bag to a local senior. I didn't know it at the time, but she was in a hospital stay when her birthday arrived. One of the directors from the senior center, who was going to visit her on her birthday, brought the birthday gift bag for her. This made me feel happy knowing I brought her a bit of joy on her special day. Yes, keeping in touch with those in my inner circle brings happiness to me. The joy one brings to others makes one's heart and soul spiritually fulfilled. Watching animal videos brings happiness and I also heard that doing so, is good for blood pressure. Having a happy marriage is a blessing! Connecting with the online community brings joy and the possibility to be helpful to one another. 

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

staying in touch with friends and family since I live far away now from them. Also my dog, we used to have 3 but since 2 have past on it’s just him and I.  Holding him first thing in the morning brings me peace and hope. 

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

I have been on a cancer journey for over a year now which has affected the way I normally traveled through my days because of side effects from the chemo.  Yet what I find places sunshine into any give day is going out in to my gardens, so into my gardens I go to lose my mind and find my soul.

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

AARP Limited Time Offer: Memorial Day Sale! Join or renew for just $9 per year when you sign up for a 5-year term and get a FREE gift.

AARP Memorial Day Membership Sale

More From AARP