Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Community Concierge

10 Tips For Reducing Distractions

It’s nearly impossible these days to focus on a task when you are barraged with constant stimuli — smartphones, social media, email, texts, to name just a few. Check out this article with 10 timely tips on how to cut down on distractions at home. Visit AARP® Staying Sharp® for more brain health information.

Regular Social Butterfly

My best tip, is to be aware of the theory/philosophy of Existentialism. With that in your consciousness, you can logically determine what your priorities are/should be. Then, any distractions that conflict with that, can be dismissed.

0 Kudos
Social Butterfly

Actually, I don’t mind being barraged with certain kinds of stimuli, if you know what I mean!

0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

I often find myself distracted and have a hard time focusing on the tasks at hand. I'll be in the middle of something, and then boom I'm scrolling on my phone and the task I was in the middle of doing remains unfinished. Thanks for sharing these helpful tips!

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipede® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP