Community Manager
Community Manager

Get caregiver support

As soon as you can, connect with other caregivers. Support groups for caregivers are a great way to exchange tips and advice. Support groups also offer a way for you to express your concerns and get backup for some of the hard decisions you'll have to make along the way. Ask at the doctor's office or at a hospital about community support groups. Or get in touch with a caregiving organization.

Another great resource might be here: https://aarpcommunityconnections.org/

Contributor

Hello! I am Deidre Edwards, RN, Author, Speaker, and Retired National Board Certified Teacher/Career and Technical Education - Health Sciences.

Once upon a time, pre-COVID-19, I hosted in-person Caregiver Workshops. Those may resume in the future; but for now, I am focusing on releasing online classes.

During Caregiver Emotions presentations, participants appreciate learning they are not alone in their experiences, and there are approaches and techniques that would assist them on their emotional and physical journeys as caregivers.

My first online offering, therefore, is to support all caregivers with a FREE course Exploring Caregiver Emotions. Caregivers will learn that their confusing emotions do not make them bad people, but that their emotions are valid and normal. Daily coping skills and techniques are shared that can assist caregivers in restoring an inner balance.

This course is a complement to my book, Toolkit for Caregivers which assists readers through the skills, tips, and wisdom needed to become more confident as a caregiver to a loved one. 

Let me share some proven ways to transform your ability to cope daily as a caregiver to a loved one.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Put on your boogie shoes for the Daybreaker Live: Saturday Morning Fever: A Disco Dance with AARP! Shake your groove thing to live performances featuring Sister Sledge and Indigo Girls on June 26, 2021 at 11 a.m. ET. Register Here AARP Daybreaker Live: Saturday Morning Fever

Members Can Earn Cash Back

Earn 3% cash back rewards at gas stations and drug stores with AARP Membership. Join today for just $12 per year with Automatic Renewal.

AARP Membership

AARP Rewards

Activate AARP Rewards to earn points for games, quizzes and videos. Redeem for deals and discounts. Get started with AARP Rewards now!

AARP Rewards Badge

Join Us For a Concert!

Celebrate Black Music Month and learn more about the powerful connections between music and health during an AARP virtual performance featuring R&B singer Raheem DeVaughn on June 28, 2021 at 8:00 p.m. EST. Register Here.

AARP Concert Series