Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Trouble staying interested in learning Spanish

Contributor

Trouble staying interested in learning Spanish

Hello.  I have taken adult classes for Spanish.  What I learned was due to lack of use.  So... I tried again, using Rosetta Stone (twice).  This program wasn't all that great.  I tried Duolingo.  Although I found this program very useful,  after awhile, I get bored, and stop signing in.  Any ideas on how to stay interested in foreign language apps?  Thank you

0 Kudos
Contributor

have you tried learning spanish with a group

0 Kudos
Contributor

Hello.  Thanks for your response.  I would love to learn Spanish in an informal setting, but I have tried researching online for Spanish groups in Cincy to no avail.  The results were for places outside of Cincy.  If you know of any current groups, I would greatly appreciate the names of the group(s).

0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

Maybe finding a way to tie in hobby with the language!  My son used to read all of the baseball stats and updates in Spanish in order to keep up his skills.  Find something you are already very familiar with and then try reading it in Spanish!  Hopes this helps!

AARPTeri
0 Kudos
Contributor

Good afternoon.  Thank you very much for your input.  I will definitely give your idea a try.

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Asteroids® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP