Take control of your brain health with Staying Sharp! Try it today.

Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: The Hartford auto insurance

Message 1 of 10

Learned today that the AARP Hartford Auto Insurance Plan, does not

accept TESLA's

bmega

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 10

We just relocated - or are in the process - from **bleep** to MI.  Our GIECO has doubled due to MI's no fault.  **bleep** home not sold yet - the new millenials want too much open and it also has a real basement - so **bleep** people consider that strange...

We may try Hartford being new AARP members.

Da Old Desert Dawg

Tom

Kudos
Views
Super Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 10

I just went over a few months ago to Hartford from esurance and honestly saved $500 per year (auto and home).

If anyone can provide any caveats (e.g., just found out road side assistance is extra although I swear it was included in the quote I got, but did not save copy of).

I have been very lucky so no accidents in 40+ years (ever), and only drive about 15 miles a day 5 days a week (home-work-home) so low mileage in NV.

Thanks, and safe travel, All!

Phil Harris, actor and showman, to John Fogerty of CCR: “If I’d known I’d live this long, I’d have taken better care of myself.”
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 10

@wilful wrote:

In addition to living in a high cost area, I think a contributing factor to our expensive auto insurance is the fact that one of our vehicles is Turbo charged.  It is a rocket ship.  Insurance companies do not like real "hot" cars.  Smiley Sad

We do get all the available discounts i.e. multiple cars, tie-in with homeowners ins, good drivers, etc.

Uff! That'll do it. Vehicle model makes a huge difference. Reminds me ... think we'll both faint once we get the insurance bill for the RV... Smiley Sad (Hm, note to self: get insurance quotes once we've pared the list down to 3 RVs)

(Apologies from the Typo Queen)

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Kudos
Views
Super Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 10

In addition to living in a high cost area, I think a contributing factor to our expensive auto insurance is the fact that one of our vehicles is Turbo charged.  It is a rocket ship.  Insurance companies do not like real "hot" cars.  Smiley Sad

We do get all the available discounts i.e. multiple cars, tie-in with homeowners ins, good drivers, etc.

Kudos
Views
Super Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 10

Hi Epster -   No I'm not...  I could always post (Reply) to an existing topic; it was only starting a new topic that was only available to me thru the Introduce Yourself...  That has now changed and I can start a new thread thru any open post.  Thanks for asking.Smiley Happy

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 10

@wilful Are you still having trouble posting anywhere but the Introduce Yourself forum?

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 10

(Sorry just fixed a typo that I missed this morning)

@wilful  I shop around every year and have remained with State Farm for both homeowner's and vehicles. Since we've been with them for eons, we get all kinds of discounts, so it is hard for another company to offer us the coverage at a comparable rate. We did have a fender bender last year --our fault: DH ran a red light-- but our insurance did not go up because that was the first auto claim ever. (And it was minor). We paid zero for the other person's car repairs; our vehicle had not a scratch.

We did have a hail damage claim some 9 years ago when a freak tornado skipped along the foothills here. Had to reskin the greenhouse. 

For the past two years we've paid around $1,100 a year for auto (one new, one ancient 4WD SUV) and $950 a year for homeowners. Both have a $1,000 deductible. Colorado drivers are, if memory serves, among the worst in the nation, at least in terms of insurance rates.

Registering a newish vehicle in Colorado is ridiculously expensive, I find. $350 this year for a 2015 Jeep. Hmpf. (Think it cost about $500 new, so I guess things are looking up, but waaaaaa.)

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 10

We've had a combo (which almost always saves) of homeowner and auto with Hartford for a number of years.  We're insuring  2015 and 2012 vehicles for $1000 a year, in Illinois, far Chicago 'burbs. Full coverage,but $500 deductible.

Same deal --- we're in mid 60's, no tickets or claims for a long time, no commutes, so very little mileage on either vehicle. 

In our case, we've shopped around. Our homeowners is higher than others, by a fair amount. But our auto insurance is a lot lower than the competition, and the combo gives us lower rates than the quotes we have received from other companies.

As you probably know, insurance costs are all over the board, all over the country, mostly based on 'loss experience' of the company and how efficient (cost-wise), the insurer is in general.

All you can do is shop around, which everyone should be doing every few years, and see what the competition is doing (the well-rated companies, that is).

"...Why is everyone a victim? Take personal responsibility for your life..."
Kudos
Views
Super Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views
Replies

The Hartford auto insurance

Message 10 of 10

Anyone else here have car insurance with The Hartford?

Our coverage for 2 vehicles has just gone from 1680 to 1796.  It has increased every year that we have had it. We do live in SoCal,which is a high cost area, but this seems steep for us with no accidents, no tickets, low mileage, a 2008 and a 2014 vehicle.  We are old, and getting older ( ;-) )  so maybe that is a consideration?  

Any thoughts?

Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements
Rewards for Good announcement banner with end date