Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Periodic Contributor

Some honest feedback please.

Hi, everyone.  My name is Matt and I have to admit I have a lot in common with people here than I expected, reading all the posts.  I actually wanted some feedback if anyone is willing to give it.  I have a project I'm working on.  I'm hoping to develop it for people with limited mobility or others who need help living independently. It's a robotics project and I don't have it finished, but I would like to know if anyone knows what kinds of features would be useful.  I would love to know what anyone thinks about it and the link to the demo video is below.  It's nice to be a part of this community.  Thank you.

https://youtu.be/Lo2gHkJSaZ4

My husband is retired stock broker.  He says Suzie Orman is wrong in the recent article about "smart money".  She does not know mutual funds, but quotes unreliable sources on the returns mutual finds deliver.  Dave Ramsey does the same error

Her claim that is someone investing $550 a month for 6 years will have a value of $62,100 is absurd and fraudulent.  A moderate risk fund would produce less than half the amount promised. The idea of keeping a car longer is sound. Maintenance is cheaper than auto loan interest, and safer with the right model. Cheers. Jp

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

Hi Matt,

DH also develops what he called useful machines (robotics). I'd have to agree that the (ceiling?) track would be an issue. Picking up items is useful, but consider the benefit of a machine that monitors and delivers medication, hydration and nutrition. 

Best wishes on this.

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Periodic Contributor

Epster, by the way, who is DH?

Honored Social Butterfly

@mzuern wrote:

Epster, by the way, who is DH?

@mzuern  Sorry. DH stands for Dear Hubby AKA the hubster. ๐Ÿ™‚

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Thank you, Epster.  I'm not really in love with the rail system myself.  These links can be built into anything though.  So, I could make them portable, they could move around on the floor, or they can be adapted for other electronics, wearables for instance.  I appreciate the suggestion.  I think using it for medication and nutrition/hydration is an excellent idea.

Honored Social Butterfly

Hi Matt, and welcome! I was an engineer in a previous life, so your project is interesting! I watched the video, and wondered whether this was step 1 of a much more involved robotic development. I noticed the tracks on which that flexible "arm" moved; that's something of a limitation, and I'd question what height the track would be mounted, and how it would get across doorways & other open areas, without becoming an obstacle. Keep up the interesting work!

Registered on Online Community since 2007!
Periodic Contributor

ASTRAEA,

Yes this is step 1 of a much larger system.  I was trying to demonstrate some of what this can do, but it is practically limitless.  I can turn it into almost anything.  As an engineer, I really appreciate your input, and if there are any other ideas/questions you have, I would love to talk more.  I don't really like the rail system much myself.  I'm still trying to figure out what to offer as a first product and how to build from that.

Recognized Social Butterfly

Hey MattZ882220,

I watched your video this morning. Thank you for helping individuals have a better quality of life. I  can't give you any feedback,  the video went to fast for me.  Please advise if there is a way to slow the video down.  Nancy 

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Nancy, sorry that the video was too fast.  I will slow it down and give you another link to it.  I appreciate any feedback, or sharing for that matter, you can give.  Thanks for checking it out.  I'll get back to you soon.

cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipedeยฎ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP