Periodic Contributor

On the occasion of hard times

I hope you are well.  I am a good cook and I like to write.

I was raised on a farm in Eastern Washington.  Great experience, having, hunting and fishing.  Had a great dad, full of humor.

I would love to find a penpal.

Tom

tommyb
Conversationalist

Good Morning Tom,

I have family members who live in Western Washington, and with you all being in "lockdown" I understand that it is hard. These times are a challenge, however, I just take it one day at a time as it is all we can do. 

I would enjoy having a penpal through email, 

Shari

Shari
Regular Contributor

Hi Tom,

I do too like to cook and would love to live in a farm but I have to accept what I have. 

I live in Orlando, this is my second year, trying to adapt.

Where do you live right now?

I like to do meditation and walks when I can.

Cheers

Beatriz Cortes
Silver Conversationalist

Hey there Tom! I'm not the pen pal type really but I know how it feels to say hello and then hear only silence back. So I just thought that I'd welcome you to paradise, such as it is. There's a lot to see and I'm sure that you'll find someone to be a pen pal with. If you have any questions aboy how things work around here, I can help, some probably. But the best thing to do is just poke your head into everything and keep saying those hellos. Eventually someone's gonna reply. Or at least I hope they do. I've met shy kids in my life, heck, I was one but shy adults are a new one for me. Anyhow, welcome aboard, friendly and outgoing people are a real treat to see here!

It's nice to be important but it's more important to be nice.
Bronze Conversationalist

It doesn't appear to me like Tom is receiving any shortage of greetings????

And I haven't found this community to have a shortage of friendly and outgoing people, at all.

Quite the opposite.  

Hey Tom!  Welcome!   Nice to have you here.   Enjoy!!   

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Ask the Expert: Social Security

Discuss your thoughts about the 2022 Social Security cost-of-living adjustment with AARP experts - and ask a question to earn 50 AARP Rewards points. Join the discussion now.

Test Your Knowledge, Score Big. New Game Each Day!

AARP's new Right Again! Trivia game - part trivia, part puzzle, all fun! Special opportunities for AARP Members and Rewards participants. Play Now.

AARP Right Again! Trivia

AARP Rewards

Activate AARP Rewards to earn points for games, quizzes and videos. Redeem for deals and discounts. Get started with AARP Rewards now!

AARP Rewards Badge

Music and Brain Health

From soft jazz to hard rock - discover music's mental, social and physical benefits. Learn more.

Music and Brain Health