Content starts here


Need someone to talk to. Physically disabled woman age 62. Don't know any forums or places to go just to have someone else in my position to go to. Do you all know how I can find such a place? Thank you, Daisy.



0 Kudos
Community Concierge

@RijneO15346 Hi Daisy, thank you for taking the time to share your situation. This is an all too common reality. Strong social connections are central to our physical and mental well-being. Because the issue of social isolation is so complex, AARP Foundation spearheaded Connect2Affect to seek out solutions. Our goal is to create a network of resources that meets the needs of anyone who is isolated or lonely, and that helps build the social connections older adults need to thrive. I invite you to visit to take an assessment and find help near you, like transportation, volunteer programs/opportunities, and senior centers.


Also, you can request a phone call from the AARP Friendly Voices program for yourself or a loved one. Volunteers are available Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. — 5 p.m. ET. To receive a call from our Friendly Voices volunteers, go to for detailed instructions. Please don't hesitate to reach out if there's anything I can do!

Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need to Know

AARP Limited Time Offer: Memorial Day Sale! Join or renew for just $9 per year when you sign up for a 5-year term and get a FREE gift.

More From AARP