Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Periodic Contributor

AmIStupidorWhat?

I know I am reasonably intelligent but I just don't get how to work this forum.  Perhaps others are having the same problems??  There are literally hundreds or more initial posts and I see lots of people introducing themselves - I did too quite some time ago - but not a lot of subsequent back and forth discussions among people.  I do see a few replies, but then everything just sort of goes away and people start new posts - maybe you all are communicating privately outside the forum?? When I try to respond to a post, the REPLY button is faded and will not allow me to click and respond.  Can someone tell me how to work this darn thing??

Community Manager
Community Manager

If you are having trouble replying. Make sure that you are logged in first. Sometimes it may look like you are, but in fact you are not. 

0 Kudos
Conversationalist

Good Morning,

I have the same issue, with these forums. Sometimes I can't reply for whatever reason, I just stay persistent though. 

Shari
Kudos
Views
Periodic Contributor

Thanks Shari.  It's very frustrating isn't it?!  I initially joined hoping to be able to meet someone with whom I could eventually develop a friendship -- especially in my area -- and maybe have a cuppa some day, but it seems almost impossible to ever get to know anyone better.  Maybe this forum is  too huge/unwieldy?? People just keep starting new threads instead of continuing old ones.  Thanks for your response.

Conversationalist

I also was hoping to meet people, and develop a friendship in my area, This is a huge and unwieldy forum. Yes, people do seem to just start new threads instead of keeping the old ones going, which could actually develop into great conversation starters.

Shari
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipede® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP