Congress Agrees on a Tax Bill. What Does Proposed Tax Bill Mean for Older Americans? Learn More.

Info Seeker

Re: What is your favorite cookie?

Message 41 of 100

I have two.  Snicker doodles and Mexican Wedding Cakes.

Report Inappropriate Content
Info Seeker

Message 42 of 100

I have two.  Snicker doodles and Mexican Wedding Cakes.

Frequent Social Butterfly

Message 43 of 100

Chocolate chunck cookies, the soft ones. Keebler fudge sandwich cookies. Boy do I miss the chocolate fudge sammie cookies that Sunshine used to make!

Info Seeker

Message 44 of 100

Homemade snickerdoodles!

Info Seeker

Message 45 of 100

Husband: homemade soft oatmeal raisin.

wife: homemade double chocolate chip peanut butter!

Treasured Social Butterfly

Message 46 of 100

jc93014263 wrote:

To all the people who's favorite cookie is store bought, I really feel bad for you. Never in my life of 61yrs have I ever bought something from the store that was better than I could make at home. 

@jc93014263  Jim, I didn't mention Pepperidge Farms cookies because they are the best of the best, but because I can buy a pkg of what 8-10?, and not end up with dozens in my freezer calling my name. Smiley Happy

I make a shortbread that is out of this world. Chocolate chip, butterscotch, oatmeal and peanut butter cookies as well. I just choose not to. For health reasons we don't want a fresh batch of cookies in the house, much less a few dozen cookies in the freezer. Smiley Happy  

DH and I, senior athletes intent upon improving our weight to power ratios, have lost 70 pounds (combined) in the last 3ish years. We aim to keep off that weight and also to keep the health gains from having jettisoned unnecessary pounds. Which means verrrrrrrry few cookies. Smiley Happy

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Social Butterfly

Message 47 of 100

I love any soft, moist cookie that does not have raisins.  It would be hard to pick just one favorite, but it would probably be snickerdoodles, or plain sugar cookies.  When I make oatmeal cookies I use dried cranberries instead of raisins.  They're deelicious!  I'm hungry.  Gonna go make some cookies!

Info Seeker

Message 48 of 100

When I was in my early teens my brother would come pick me up and take me to his house a couple cities away. My sister in law would make THEE very best oatmeal raisin cookies I had ever eaten. These cookies were so moist and delicious it was unbelievable. She never did give me the recipe even though I asked several times. To all the people who's favorite cookie is store bought, I really feel bad for you. Never in my life of 61yrs have I ever bought something from the store that was better than I could make at home. Like many other posters, it's tough to pick just one, but these special oatmeal raisin are the best. Even though it was 45 yrs ago I can still taste them. Mmm!   Jim, Ohio

Info Seeker

Message 49 of 100

Ranger cookies by a landslide.  Made with chocolate chips, coconut, oatmeal, rice crispies & pecans.  Recipe from the 1950's.  Delicious!

Info Seeker

Message 50 of 100

Shortbread with a chocolate drop in the middle...or is it homemade Pecan Sandies???