Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

How are you staying fit while at home?

Community Manager
Community Manager

How are you staying fit while at home?

Have you been doing any new or fun workouts from your home? Let us know what you're up to!

AARP has a great selection of at-home workout videos. Check them out and get moving!

Contributor

We have a nordic track S22i bike that is super.  We use iFit (need internet wireless) doing rides around the world with various iFit trainers (free one year with the bike trainer).  We don't like gyms or studio rides, but these recorded rides give a sense of being there via the 20 inch screen, so almost like getting out.  Plus, you can adjust the difficulty to make the rides easier or even harder - they are designed for training.  Rides are generally 20-40 minutes long.  We got this for the winter since we don't ride our tandem then, and it has been awesome as we stay isolated for a while.

Honored Social Butterfly

*Double post*

0 Kudos
Contributor

I am walking everyday for exercise in my neighborhood.  I also started a small garden in my yard and that keeps me very busy and for fun time a play games online and do puzzles.

Kudos
Views
Contributor

I've been recording workouts from Directv and do them when it's convenient.  Bodies In Motion, Faithful Workouts, Happy Yoga with Sarah Starr just to make a few.  

Periodic Contributor

Far and away the very best routine is to take your walking pet (if not a neighbor's) out for a spin in your local area. A thirty minute walk will do you a world of good and maintain your pet's health! Smiley Very Happy

Honored Social Butterfly

I don't do those types of workouts, but maybe I should start trying them.   I need to get outside every day.  I usually walk, hike, or bike.   Those haven't been curtailed yet, and I'm actually getting more exericise in on days it doesn't rain.  Being outside is the only thing saving my sanity.  🙂    Thank goodness it's spring and everything is beginning to bloom and is beautiful. 

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipede® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP