Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Recognized Social Butterfly

HEARTBURN RESOLVED

Since I have been vacationing for three months, I have had intermittent tightness in my chest. Omeprazole has been ineffective. I have purposely tried not to drink many fluids. My rationale? finding a restroom on the go isn't easy at times. I haven't been feeling dehydrated, and my urine is clear; so I have persevered. But recently the pain has increased. Last night, I decided to drink two large glasses of water. Instantly, there was no more discomfort. Today, I have followed suit. Again, no pain. Luckily, because I am visiting with my daughter and her family, it is convenient for me to make frequent trips to the bathroom. Problem solved!

schlomo
Periodic Contributor

My Name is Chris and I sit on the Board of ECAA (Esophageal Cancer Awareness Association).  Your article on heartburn is very concerning to me as GERD can lead to Barrett's esophagus disease and then God forbid to EC.  I lost my husband of nearly 20 years to this dreaded cancer.  In his case, he has silent GERD.  Please take the time to check out ecaware.org and learn of the signs and symptoms.  Please. 💜🌹🙏❣️

0 Kudos
Recognized Social Butterfly

OOPS! The day after I sent in this post I had so much chest pain that I decided to go to urgent care. It turned out that I needed to have three stents inserted because of severe arterial blockage. The intermittent pain that  I was having for over three months mimicked the discomfort of acid reflux. Go figure! I am now feeling fine and will fly home from Fort Worth to Honolulu this Thursday.

schlomo
Trusted Contributor

glad you are doing better.

Anytime we have serious symptoms, we need to run it by the doctor.  Simple things can be simple things or a symptom of something much more serious.

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

I am sorry that you have an issue with GERD but I wish to point out that GERD can lead to Esophageal Cancer.  I sit on the board of ECAA (Esophageal Cancer Awareness Association).  Please view our page for further assistance with your heartburn.  ecaware.org

This is no spam.  Just truth. Best wishes 

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipede® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP