Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

๐Ÿค” What CHALLENGE(s) Are YOU Facing RIGHT NOW?

Anonymous
Not applicable

๐Ÿค” What CHALLENGE(s) Are YOU Facing RIGHT NOW?

โ–ถ๏ธTo reply, click on reply button at bottom of this post. Enter your text. Click reply button again.โ—€๏ธ

***READ the comments and/or ADD a comment***

Stop by to tell us about YOUR CHALLENGE and support OTHER MEMBERS.

Grief & Loss Team ๐ŸคŽ๐Ÿค—

Anonymous
Not applicable

1 comment (5/2/23)

โžก๏ธPOWER OUTAGE: 11am (7 hours to go hopefully, alert says 6pm today).โฌ…๏ธ

Lol, this is one day I am GRATEFUL tomorrow is my WALMART weekly grocery run = freezer empty, just butter and cream cheese in refrigerator. No need for my planned ice cream purchase to melt. ๐Ÿ™„

GLAD it is 57ยฐ and NOT the 84ยฐ we have been having here in Cave Spring/Roanoke, Virginia.

GLAD I SIGNED UP FOR THESE ALERTS (received call, text, email).

Estimated restoration time: 5/02/23 6:00 PM Outage cause: Vehicle Accident Customers Impacted: 378 ๐Ÿ˜ฑ๐Ÿ˜ค๐Ÿ˜ญ

Hope NO one was hurt!

Wow, A LOT of sirens - cannot see from my window....

Nicole

Bronze Conversationalist

Oh sorry to hear! Hope you can sleep and get through it. Take care Nicole.

Anonymous
Not applicable

2 comments (SUNDAY 4/30/23)

Lol, when will 12 hours pass, upstairs Neighbors From Hell will be back at WORK - PARTY TIME!!! ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿฅณ

I am in a Studio Apartment UNDER their 2-storey Townhouse.

Weekends are full of ELEPHANTS marching "back & forth" OVER my bed.

If I lived up there, I would keep in mind the person BELOW only has 1 room versus my upstairs, backyard and back room.

The FRONT room is OVER my apartment.

Cannot wait for 7am to 3pm TOMORROW (Monday) to arrive = elephants will be at work. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Nicole ๐Ÿ™ƒ

0 Kudos
Bronze Conversationalist

Nicole I'm sorry to hear. I have found earplugs to be helpful at times when my home was noisy. To get sleep, or just read. It's temporary solution. But may help your peace of mind. Take care.

Contributor

At the behest of my children I moved three months after my husband's death.  At the end of January I left Texas and  moved to Wisconsin. It's taken three more months  to recover from moving to a strange new place without my husband and a totally different climate 

And just as long to find a Church, as I'm a Christian.  All I want to do is nothing. Or cry. Or just sleep.  I lost my son the year before on July 4th to a massive heart attack. Loss and grief cannot be outrun. Are the things o am feeling  normal?

Bronze Conversationalist

That doesn't sound easy at all. So much at the same time. Makes me feel anxious for you. Take some deep breaths. All will be well.   Take care.

Bronze Conversationalist

I'm so sorry you are tring to cope with multiple losses and a move! These are huge stresses and it sounds like your feelings are normal responses. I've been told if the feelings are constant and prolonged over a longer period of time that professional intervention may be warranted. If you can find a church, bereavement group, or any kind of activity with people that you enjoy, it might be helpful to get out and have a distraction.

Anonymous
Not applicable

One step at a time ๐ŸคŽ๐Ÿค—

0 Kudos
Bronze Conversationalist

I guess April is a bad month for me too. First it was what would have been my Mom's birthday and then our 23rd wedding anniversary. Yesterday was the six month anniversary since my husband passed away. It was a pretty miserable day!

Bronze Conversationalist

Banking!! Financial issues are difficult enough and I met with a Branch Leader twice and all went well. Because I have a long history with the bank and staff turnover, I asked the Branch Leader during our last meeting if he was going to stay at the bank. He assured me he wasn't going anywhere. So today I needed to contact him about some issues and I got a message back that my information went to an unmonitored inbox and that I should call.  You guessed it...he is no longer at the bank. I had to go through a long history with a different person and what are the chances she will be there when I have to call back to hopefully bring some closure to my issues?

Anonymous
Not applicable

2 comments (Sunday 4/16/23) NO matter how OLD our kids are, we still "worry" about them. My "only" child in Florida (I am in Virginia) just "texted" me to say she got up TODAY not feeling well. Wish I was already back in Florida (saving to do so) to "baby my baby" - Nicole ๐Ÿ˜ช

Bronze Conversationalist

I was the "baby" of our family. My Mom always said no matter how old I got I would always be her baby. Sorry your "baby" is not feeling well and you aren't able to be with her physically. She knows you love her, miss her, and are there for her if she needs to call for comforting words!

Bronze Conversationalist

Only about four hours to go to get through this day. This would have been our 23rd wedding anniversary. It's another one of those firsts that create a bit of a challenge!

Honored Social Butterfly

You got married on tax day, as I did. Every anniversary is hard but we made it thru!

Bronze Conversationalist

We chose tax day so my husband would always remember he had two important things on that day!

Anonymous
Not applicable

(2 comments) Sending lots and lots of ๐ŸคŽ๐Ÿค— your way Marcy @MarcyW882921 !!! I am so sorry for your loss dear friend. ๐Ÿ˜ญ Nicole

Bronze Conversationalist

Thanks Nicole!

Trusted Social Butterfly

After reading other posts I am lucky...My challenge is just to put things in right order which has been slow going but things are starting to progress to the place where I'm comfortable with them. Small steps make small changes which is fine with me each day is a new beginning and I try to stay positive..yes there are detours along the way but all will eventually prevail..It's nice to get up and see the sun shining and hopefully my overall health will be good today..Make sure that I do for me to insure it..Wishing you all a better day today...

Bronze Conversationalist

Jonibee how are you doing? I like reading your posts. Sounds like you're making lots of progress moving yourself along emotionally. I think putting things in order helps with that. Just don't do too much. There's always something to do. Take care.

Anonymous
Not applicable

2 comments (Thursday 4/13/23) They say we should FORGIVE "humans" who have done us WRONG. To be honest, I have NOT gotten to that level as yet. THIS WEEK has been my TEST in that area! ๐Ÿ˜ค Saturday, I got c..ssed out for asking my NEW Neighbor From H..ll above me, NICELY if their guest kids could stop jumping off their furniture over my bed. I am in a CUTE Studio Apartment under their Townhouse. Then Monday, got THREATENED with "eviction" by office because I said something to them. Oh yes, they complained and added I had "harassed" them. Last night, thanks to them, my ceiling started to LEAK- still leaking. Their washer! No APOLOGY for ruining my ceiling. Lol, then TODAY, maintenance had the NERVE to tell me I bring problems on myself. Okay, universe, time to come rescue me before I strangle the humans out here. Add, a very rude member on this site TODAY. Yikes, what next.... Nicole ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚

Honored Social Butterfly

Iโ€™m sorry for all your challenges. I know you will be happier when you move to Fla. Stick with your goals and it will happen!

Bronze Conversationalist

Nicole,

So sorry you are being bombarded with all of these problems. It is difficult enough to navigate the typical maze of life without added extra complications. Take some deep breaths and go to your quiet place to calm the mind and body.

Marcy

Marcy

Honored Social Butterfly

Itโ€™s been a tough week, one that I want to be over. First was the Louisville, KY shooting. My oldest is in the police academy there and was 4 miles away when the shooting unfolded. My heart stopped when I got the alert. Thankfully he and his new wife are ok but I have been crying a lot. The officer shot in the head is his friend. Lots of praying for him. Then I had to make a rough personal decision thatโ€™s been weighing on my mind all week. More tears. And to wrap up the week, the 15th would have been our 29th wedding anniversary. A very tough day each year that goes by. So after this horrible week is over, I will be trying to look ahead to better times. ๐Ÿ˜ข๐Ÿ™

Kudos
Views
Bronze Conversationalist

So sorry to hear. Take care

Bronze Conversationalist

What a shock to your system to hear the news of the shooting. I'm glad that your son and his wife are ok, but these events certainly make us stop and think about the widespread risks we face daily.

Our 23rd wedding anniversary would have been the 15th. I had nothing on my calendar and was not looking forward to this next hurdle. Out of the blue, a former colleague sent me a text and asked if I wanted to join her and her Mom to watch her daughter perform in a play. I am looking forward to being part of an audience that will celebrate the kids and their performances.

I hope that something will come up for you too that will help to take your mind off of tragedy, loss, and heavy decision making. It sounds like you could really use some peace and joy!

Bronze Conversationalist

Today would have been my Mom's 93rd birthday. I'm sad that she's not here and I miss her! I hope she is somewhere having her favorite white cake with coconut frosting!

Kudos
Views
Bronze Conversationalist

That is so nice to think of your mother. I'm sure she knows from where she is. Take care.

Anonymous
Not applicable

6 comments (Friday 4/7/23)

Lol, I need to start drinking and/or smoke some weed (NOT a drinker or pothead) to deal with my NEW neighbors from h..ll. ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ

GRATEFUL the "upstairs" apt has been EMPTY since September of last year (2022). ๐Ÿฅณ๐Ÿ’ƒ

I needed this BREAK from 4 years of neighbors from h..ll. (2018-2022)

TODAY is 1 week of them moving in and guys, trying to NOT strangle them. ๐Ÿ™„

Nothing like SELFISH humans who will NOT let you sleep at night or hear your movies on your android.

FOCUSING on moving into a tiny cottage in Florida SOON...๐Ÿ˜‰ Nicole ๐ŸคŽ๐Ÿค—

Bronze Conversationalist

Take care Nicole.

Bronze Conversationalist

Just when you thought it was safe to go into the water or in your case be in your apartment. It was so great that you got a break from disturbing neighbors, but now you have acquired replacements! Ugh!

Keep visualizing and working toward that tiny cottage in Florida! ๐Ÿ™‚

Marcy

cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipedeยฎ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP