Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

๐Ÿค” What CHALLENGE(s) Are YOU Facing RIGHT NOW?

Anonymous
Not applicable

๐Ÿค” What CHALLENGE(s) Are YOU Facing RIGHT NOW?

โ–ถ๏ธTo reply, click on reply button at bottom of this post. Enter your text. Click reply button again.โ—€๏ธ

***READ the comments and/or ADD a comment***

Stop by to tell us about YOUR CHALLENGE and support OTHER MEMBERS.

Grief & Loss Team ๐ŸคŽ๐Ÿค—

Trusted Social Butterfly

One Step At A Time ๐Ÿค—

Bronze Conversationalist

Thank you Nicole @SpringIsHereSoHappy !

Marcy

Kudos
Views
Trusted Contributor

Not very good. I lost my husband of 30 years in January. I am trying to figure out what to do now. I have an adult disabled son, he is profoundly autistic and has the mind of a 5 year old. He says Daddy's in heaven but he doesn't understand what heaven is. I had a very bad fall the end of 2020 which resulted in multiple traumatic fractures in my back. I ended up having to have a six level spinal fusion but, I now I have four bulging desks, bone spurs, and permanent nerve damage. 

Honored Social Butterfly

@KimberlyM389662 You have endured a lot.

Taking care of your son is a full time job Iโ€™m sure

compunded by your loss and your physical issues. I hope you have some support to deal with all of this, physical and emotional. We are here for you whenever you need us. God bless

and take care of yourself as well ๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ™

Bronze Conversationalist

Welcome to the site Kimberly! I'm so sorry for your loss. And your health challenges. The people on this site can help you. Its a positive site with good people. Expressing feelings and emotions helps us to move forward a little bit each day. One foot in front of the other. Backsliding is ok too. Time takes time. Many things get taken care of in the passage of time. Keep posting Kimberly. I hope you get to feeling better. It's so nice to hear from you!

Bronze Conversationalist

Hi Kimberly @KimberlyM389662 . I am sorry to hear about your husband's passing. You spent 30 years with him and now your life has suddenly changed. On this site, we are all trying to figure out what we are going to do with our lives now that things are so different. The emotional trauma of loss is very hard and you have added burdens of physical challenges and an adult disabled son who is dependent on you. Please know that you are not alone in your grief and that there are people here to support you along your journey. Be  kind and gentle with yourself.

Marcy

Conversationalist

Welcome to the family Kimberly.   You will find caring, loving people on this site that truly understand what you are going through and want to help you.  I lost my husband, son and brother within months and really thought "Why am I here?"   The people on this site took me in their arms and reminded me constantly why I am here.  They are gentle and loving and give good advice.  Nicole is the glue to this site and devotes all her time and energy into checking in on us and making sure we are ok.  I only have a son remaining near me so it is comforting to have people that understand and that I trust to talk to.  Grief is something that takes time to process and even to ever accept.  I am reminded by my friends that I am alive and I need to focus on living my best life.  I am a novice on this site, still struggling day to day but my friends have taught me to:  TAKE ONE STEP AT A TIME    You made the first step by coming to the Grief & Loss site.  Welcome Kimberly

Trusted Social Butterfly

One Step At A Time ๐Ÿค—

Bronze Conversationalist

Get healthy for yourself Nicole and your only child. Find healthy things that will satisfy your cravings and be sure to eat from all of the food groups. ๐Ÿค—

Marcy

Honored Social Butterfly

Wow you gave up ice cream and chocolate

cake at the same time! Youโ€™re my hero ๐Ÿ˜‚

Trusted Social Butterfly

One Step At A Time ๐Ÿค—

0 Kudos
Bronze Conversationalist

Oh boy...still in a mess! My kitchen is my therapy room and I have been without it for over a month! Although this was a project my husband and I planned to do together I am glad we didn't do it. The disruption in the house would have been too much for him to handle. I'm hopeful that sometime on Monday I will at least have a stove and refrigerator in my kitchen. ๐Ÿคž

Conversationalist

Hi Marcy.  I feel your pain. I have put a hold on repairs and replacements.  I found that I became really anxious with people in the house repairing things constantly.  I plan to re-do a bathroom but I am waiting for a time when I feel I am ready.  Hang in there.  I had a long wait for my stovetop and oven but now I get to enjoy them both with a lot of new recipes.  I love to cook and bake so my neighbors are benefitting from my new recipes.  

Kudos
Views
Bronze Conversationalist

Oh @Cadee2719 , that is so encouraging that you got your new appliances and you are using them for your benefit as well as the neighbors'! Sunday was my only day alone so I cleaned the best I could and enjoyed some quiet time before it started all again today. I do have appliances now but I think I will wait until I have countertops for a work space before I start using the stove.

Trusted Social Butterfly

One Step At A Time ๐Ÿค—

Conversationalist

I wish you were one of my neighbors. ๐Ÿ˜€

Trusted Social Butterfly

One Step At A Time ๐Ÿค—

Bronze Conversationalist

Cadee @Cadee2719 and I could go to town together cooking and baking. You Nicole could reap the benefits of our kitchen therapy! ๐Ÿ™‚

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly

One Step At A Time ๐Ÿค—

0 Kudos
Conversationalist

Funny.  I NEVER knew how to boil water.  My mother was a fabulous cook and baker but she died when I was 14.  Somehow I got the passion from her to cook and bake.  My younger brother is the same way.  I am happiest when I am in my kitchen.  I would LOVE for you and Marcy to be my neighbors.  We could have so much fun.  As I am Italian, I do a lot of Italian cooking and baking.  I hope that Marcy gets use of of her kitchen soon.  It also is my "Happy Place".

Trusted Social Butterfly

One Step At A Time ๐Ÿค—

Conversationalist

LOVE IT!  That is spaghetti sauce I am stirring.  ๐Ÿคฃ

Bronze Conversationalist

Oh this looks like so much fun! It brought a smile to my face. ๐Ÿ˜Š

Marcy

Trusted Social Butterfly

One Step At A Time ๐Ÿค—

0 Kudos
Bronze Conversationalist

No real completion date yet. I have run into a few snags that have delayed the project so I guess patience is in order.

Anonymous
Not applicable

***READ the comments and/or ADD a comment***

Stop by to tell us about YOUR CHALLENGE and support OTHER MEMBERS.

Grief & Loss Team ๐ŸคŽ๐Ÿค—

0 Kudos
Bronze Conversationalist

@Anonymous I have been working on some plans to do some updating of my house for a few years because the plans had to be put on a back burner. I decided to move forward with them this year. Although my home shows all the signs that it has been lived in, I keep it fairly well organized and tidy. The materials for the updates are coming in now and piling up and the project is scheduled to begin the week of June 26th. I'm already feeling the clutter in my surroundings and wonder if I will survive the upheaval!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh my goodness!!! ๐Ÿ˜ฑ๐Ÿ˜ฑ๐Ÿ˜ฑ Oh YES dear Marcy @MarcyW882921 , that will be a CHALLENGE, Nicole ๐ŸคŽ๐Ÿค—

โ–ถ๏ธ@MarcyW882921 wrote:

@AnonymousI have been working on some plans to do some updating of my house for a few years because the plans had to be put on a back burner. I decided to move forward with them this year. Although my home shows all the signs that it has been lived in, I keep it fairly well organized and tidy. The materials for the updates are coming in now and piling up and the project is scheduled to begin the week of June 26th. I'm already feeling the clutter in my surroundings and wonder if I will survive the upheaval!โ—€๏ธ

0 Kudos
Bronze Conversationalist

I know I feel it Nicole @Anonymous!๐Ÿ˜ซ

Anonymous
Not applicable

1 comment (5/27/23) The holidays are ALWAYS hard.  But WE will get thru them....

Luv you ALL,

Nicole ๐Ÿค—๐ŸคŽ

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Block Champ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP