Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Remembering current adventures and memories during the holidays

Conversationalist

Remembering current adventures and memories during the holidays

Hi, all, I wanted to add to my post on enjoying the beauty of the day.  Once I put up my tree, as I said, I added older ornaments, which was soothing and easy.  As time went by, I started to think that I should add some new ornaments that reflect activities from this year.  I also decided to share some of the new ornaments with my new friends who shared the journey with me.  That was really significant for me since it hit home that I in fact actually had some memorable social activities on my own this year.  So now, I look at the tree, and also see some new ornaments that come from craft shows, local artists, and book readings from my local book club.  Kind of eclectic, but actually melds right in with the other ornaments.  This is probably similar to life - we experience a composite of prior and newer experiences.  In addition, I also managed, without realizing it at the time, to energize others and we ended up with an ornament swap.  Great fun and friendship.  I guess this is an unexpected gift from above.  Keep thinking positive thoughts.  They can be contagious.  Sue 🎅

Trusted Social Butterfly

Thank you Sue.  These days with the over emphasis on convenience and speed, eclectic is often under appreciated.  Life is and should be full of variety even if it is sometimes inconvenient to the point of hardship...that's what makes it an adventure even without manufactured conflict and drama.

Trusted Social Butterfly

Very inspiring to read..Life goes on and we must make our own new experiences  to add to it.. Not forgetting those close to us will always be there to bring us comfort of remembering the best of memories...

Silver Conversationalist

Thank you Sue.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

Achieve a top score in our Tournament Tuesday Word Games in May and you could win $100 every 30 days!

Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP