Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Conversationalist

Only the lonely

I'm feeling a great loneliness today...I wish I knew why.

Rebecca
Anonymous
Not applicable

1 comment (2/9/23) Hi Rebecca @Rebecca2004 , do you see yourself finding a Retirement job? Me, I need one BOTH for bills and my sanity. Lol, could not wait to retire and now I am "climbing" my apartment walls. ๐Ÿ™„ Your friend, Nicole ๐ŸคŽ๐Ÿค—

0 Kudos
Conversationalist

Hey Nicole, I would really like to volunteer at a soup kitchen or somewhere to help people but unfortunately I no longer have a car. My decision to stop working was made in haste and not what I planned. But, it's ok.

Rebecca
Anonymous
Not applicable

1 comment (2/9/23) Hi Rebecca @Rebecca2004 , what do you like doing? Lol I use to like gardening until my fear of snakes got the better of me. ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚ Use to feel it was "safe" to buy the indoor plants but now they may be in the pots of late! ๐Ÿ˜ฑ I do like reading and doing puzzles. Hmmm, may look into seeds so I know there are NO snakes in my flower pots. ๐Ÿ˜‰ Nicole ๐ŸคŽ๐Ÿค—

0 Kudos
Conversationalist

Hey Nicole, l also love to garden and , same here, don't like snakes!!! I like to draw, paint (acrylic and watercolor), sudoku puzzles and jigsaw puzzles. I always have to be doing something. Especially since I have so much spare time now.

Rebecca
Honored Social Butterfly

Hi- Just found your topic. As a widow, I, too, am a loner but that doesnโ€™t mean we donโ€™t get lonely. It is hard when that wave washes over you. Sometimes you just have to ride out the wave until it passes. Iโ€™m hoping you are feeling better. Make sure to connect on here with us as it helps tremendously when your feeling sad ๐Ÿ’œ

Conversationalist

Hey there, thank you for your encouragement. Loneliness can stop you in your tracks if you let it consume you. Unfortunately I'm not that strong when it happens. It's good to know there are people like you and Nicole that care and are willing to share your time to listen. God bless you! 

Rebecca
Anonymous
Not applicable

1 comment (2/9/23) Hi Rebecca @Rebecca2004 , there is a member that has been here for years that feels she can say whatever she wants to on this site. I addressed this with her and thought she got my message = DO NOT respond to anymore of my threads or posts. Then she had the NERVE to send me an AARP Private Messaging "bullying" me. So I BLOCKED her. Lol, the interesting thing is that she then THANKS me for posting something on the site AFTER I had "blocked" her. Girl, she NEEDS to forget that I exist!!!/lol ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚ Do you walk Noah and Emma? ๐Ÿ•๐Ÿ• Nicole ๐ŸคŽ๐Ÿค—

0 Kudos
Conversationalist

Lol, some people just don't get it! Think they can do anything and treat people anyway they want. I have no time for people like that! I love to walk the dogs but Emma has a hip issue and it's difficult for her. I hate it because I love to walk. Oh well. With rescues you don't know what issues they have. It's ok though.

Rebecca
Anonymous
Not applicable

1 comment (2/9/23) ๐Ÿ‘‹ Good Morning Rebecca @Rebecca2004 ! Your friend, Nicole ๐ŸคŽ๐Ÿค—

0 Kudos
Conversationalist

Good morning Nicole.  How is your day so far?  I've had a nice morning.  Unfortunately, we are expecting thunderstorms again. This has been a crazy winter for us.  76 today!!! Can you believe it?  I am curious about something in one of your posts.  What was you referring to when you said you had you block some people and stand up for yourself?  Your friend also!

Rebecca
Anonymous
Not applicable

1 comment (2/8/23) Thanks Rebecca @Rebecca2004 ! That ex was not my daughter's father, he died because of drugs. I will always be grateful for our daughter. But sad for my daughter who never had a functioning dad in her life. But we are okay - my best friend. Nicole ๐ŸคŽ๐Ÿค—

0 Kudos
Conversationalist

Awww, how sad Nicole! Why can't people see the devastation alcohol and drugs create? Thank you for taking the time and talking to me today!  What I was feeling is not so bad now. Have a peaceful night!

Rebecca
Anonymous
Not applicable

3 comments (2/8/23) Hi Rebecca @Rebecca2004 , this AARP site has been a challenge and I left it 3 times since joining November 14, 2022. I had to LEARN how to BLOCK and stand up for myself. Happy to say I have learnt to LEAN on my AWESOME AND CARING Grief & Loss Forum members. Because of them I have found PEACE and caring. I no longer look to AARP to nurture me and as I read the DAILY posts of NEW Members, my insides hurt for them. A lot of them leave, so sad. You are an old timer and so glad you have been reaching out to NEW Members. So keep in mind you are making a difference here!! ๐Ÿ™ƒ What are your furbabies names? Nicole ๐ŸคŽ๐Ÿค—

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

1 comment (2/8/23) Hi Rebecca @Rebecca2004 , no more furbabies for me. I still miss Jeremiah ๐Ÿ•, my walking buddy and rescuer from a very toxic relationship. He ran away when my ex left him outside by himself. I left my ex after that. Gone was my reason for staying. He was my ex's dog and I stayed to make sure he was fed, loved and walked. Any pictures to share with us? As usual, NO pressure to do this. Your friend, Nicole ๐ŸคŽ๐Ÿค—

0 Kudos
Conversationalist

Hey Nicole, sad for you and Jeremiah.  I don't know how anyone can mistreat a dog or any animal. I'm divorced since 2007 not because of abuse but he was an alcoholic and used drugs. Horrible life! I would love male friends but nothing romantic. It's sad what one person can do to another by their actions.

Rebecca
Conversationalist

Thank you.  I left a few times too.  I like meeting new people and chatting with them.  I really enjoy hearing about different parts of the country.  My female baby is Emma and she is a character!  My male baby is Noah and is so sweet but needy!  They are so different but they get along so well, thankfully.  They are not related but both were strays. The shelter got them at 2 and 3 months old.  Love them both!  What about yours?  Rebecca

Rebecca
Anonymous
Not applicable

5 comments (2/7/23) Hi Rebecca @Rebecca2004 , are you trying to keep busy? Nicole

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

3 comments (2/8/23) Hi Rebecca @Rebecca2004 , how are you doing today? Luv you! Your friend Nicole ๐Ÿค—๐ŸคŽ

0 Kudos
Conversationalist

Hey Nicole, thank you for your kind words and concern.  I'm feeling isolated but I don't know why it's like this.  It's almost a dread.  I'm basically a loner and being alone doesn't bother me.  I know you are dealing with your own grief and I'm blessed to have people like you care.  God bless you and everyone on this site that gives to others so easily!

Rebecca
Anonymous
Not applicable

1 comment (2/8/23) Hi Rebecca @Rebecca2004 , I am a loner myself = been too much with humans to want to get back out there. But I NEED to socialize to keep what is left of my sanity while I wait to move closer to my only child. Being retired and broke has not helped. Hmmm, what do you ENJOY on those days you are up to doing something? Me, furbabies!!! ๐Ÿˆ๐Ÿ• I want to work with them, but not up to the drama here at the Angel's of Assis. Way too much control and unnecessary drama. So I am researching other options. I seem to remember (lol, got lots of senior moments) that you have a dog??? Tell us about him/her IF you want to. NO pressure at all to share! Nicole ๐ŸคŽ๐Ÿค—

0 Kudos
Conversationalist

Hey Nicole, boy, it's nice to meet another loner!  My family doesn't understand me and they think I'm weird!  My oldest is very reserved  but my youngest never meets a stranger.  Thankfully, we live near each other and are very close.  I pray you can move near your daughter.I planned to work another three years before I retired but a younger new hire came in and she was horrible!  I was her target.  I had to leave.  Unfortunately, I had just traded my car and ended up losing it.  It's ok, I survived.  My two dogs are from the shelter and I don't know their breeds.  The female looks like a short-haired collie and the male, maybe a boxer.  They are like taking care of two toddlers!  Geez!  Love them both!  I have to admit, I'm feeling better talking to you.  Thank you. I feel the way you do about being back out with humans...some of them actually scare me!  However, you and the others on here helping strangers are the exception!

Rebecca
0 Kudos
Conversationalist

Hey Nicole, I am but it's not helping today. Hopefully tomorrow will be better. Thank you for caring.

Rebecca
cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Asteroidsยฎ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP