Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Conversationalist

Mother's Day Remembrance

As we continue to live in our grief and try to resume some feeling of normalcy, it may be helpful to remember others who already went through loss and in some cases were able to make lives for themselves despite their own pain and emptiness.  They are our mothers, grandmothers, aunts, cousins, surrogate mothers, woman friends, etc.  In addition to loss of a loved one, they may have also experienced wars, economic depression, sickness, as well.  This type of retrospection is helpful because it reminds us, we are not alone.  We are not the only victims of a loss.  We can become more empathetic and caring.  We can start living outside of our grief and recognize that others before us, have survived and are living lives sometimes meaningful and productive.  Be kind to your memories. Also be kind to those who need emotional support around you now.  That is what we have been doing in our AARP grieving community. We can make a difference and already have by sharing and caring. Have a good day.  Sue

Honored Social Butterfly

Happy Mothers Day to all of you! May you 

have peace and tranquility on this day 💜💐

Conversationalist

Beatlelover, thank you for remembering all the mothers, grandmothers, and surrogate mothers today.  A year later, I am feeling more at peace and continue to think of others at various milestone events throughout the year.  Loneliness, as we are reading and experiencing ourselves, is pervasive in our society today.  I have found that reaching out where I can helps me alleviate some of the pain and loss and hopefully helps others know that we genuinely care.  Thank you for your empathy and caring. Your friend, Sue 

Kudos
Views
Honored Social Butterfly

Thank you for your kind words Sue. It

does help to reach out to others. Very

well put. Enjoy your day 💜

0 Kudos
Silver Conversationalist

Hi Sue  @SueS788527

Great topic....& well-written! 💐

Take care ~Allen 🌈

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipede® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP