Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Re: Living life as a widow/ widower

Message 1 of 45

It's been 4 years for me. I'm not sure I'll ever get "over" the loss of my hubby, my soulmate, my best friend. What 

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 45

My has been 8yrs and it is still bad for me not sleeping still talk about him all the time

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Regular Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 45

April, 2020 will be two years for me as a widow.  I'm sad to hear that at the three year mark is no better.  Yikes!  This sadness and emotional outbursts are a bit much for me.  I've been dealing with Shingles (get vaccine) and nerve pain awful.  Worst pain I've had.

Keep talking and reaching out it helps me a lot.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor
Kudos
Views

Re: Living1 life as a widow/ widower

Message 4 of 45

I truly feel for you. My husband passed away 18 years ago. Some days, it might as well be 18 minutes. I've learned to keep busy and volunteering seems to soothe my soul. I love this quote and hope it's helpful. “If you want happiness for an hour, take a nap. If you want happiness for a day, go fishing. If you want happiness for a year, inherit a fortune. If you want happiness for a lifetime, help somebody.” 

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Regular Contributor
Kudos
Views

Re: Living1 life as a widow/ widower

Message 5 of 45

I have been a widower for three years, this year is the worst, I miss my best friend so much, I don't know how to feel better. 

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Periodic Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 45

Thank you for your kindness. Yes I am still reeling and even questioning. But, I am glad we talked about these moment before the situation arrived.  

Yes i miss her so much,but I will live on do the work that I promised her I would compete.  Thanks again for your words.

My daughter and I are even closer now. She is GREAT!!

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Periodic Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 45

Thank you for your kindness. Yes I am still reeling and even questioning. But, I am glad we talked about these moment before the situation arrived.  

Yes i miss her so much,but I will live on do the work that I promised her I would compete.  Thanks again for your words.

My daughter and I are even closer now. She is GREAT!!

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Periodic Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 45

Have a wonderfully blessed day, God Blessed you. 

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Periodic Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 45

We have been married for 49 years and cannot imagine the loneliness and pain felt at the loss of a loved one.  As with many couples, we have had good times as well as bad but we managed to get through them and move forward.  As I look at pictures we’ve taken over the years it’s hard to believe how much we’ve changed through aging. Medical issues that we never imagined would affect us have slowed us down and we find ourselves occupied with doctors’ appointments, physical therapy sessions, and various medications.  Despite these inconveniences we are glad to be alive and believe there is more to life than these interruptions. To wake up each day, see the sun and the marvels of creation, makes one wonder if we are on the earth to live just a few years and eventually die. It seems when we reach an age when we can enjoy the fruits of our labor, life ends.  When we analyze the way we were created isn’t it possible that we were created to live indefinitely?  When I’ve examined that question, I found that man and woman were created with eternal life in view.  As amazing as that sounds my skepticism led me to research that question.  First, I knew that  no self-help book written by a human would provide a satisfying answer. Second, as I dug, my investigation took me to an unassailable author – Almighty God. As simplistic as that sounds, who can offer a more satisfying answer to our questions? I found great comfort in knowing that if we lose our mate, the Bible offers comfort through the hope of a resurrection.  It provides proof by supplying actual accounts of nine [9] past resurrections.  I encourage you to read these accounts because you will feel the sheer happiness relatives of those individuals felt when reunited with their loved ones. What straightforward comfort these passages give. Most of all, this author cannot lie.  Of course, these accounts might seem unbelievable to many, but it takes faith reinforced by a careful examination of the Bible to appreciate the reliability of this promise. If we lose a loved one we have the hope of seeing them again through this marvelous provision. The Bible does not give a date when this will occur, but it does reveal that circumstances on the earth would deteriorate to an abominable state in a short timeframe. As we see these prophecies fulfilled, now is not the time to lose hope.  Find out what wonderful opportunity the Bible offers to obedient mankind.

If you would like more information, please consult the website jw.org and feel free to write me.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Periodic Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 45

My kids are older and I have  grandkids.But the pain is there. Be strong for you Daughter .Good Luck to you. Sorry  for your lost.

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Ask the Expert: What advice do you need to better manage your stress and anxiety?

Clinical Psychologists Barry Jacobs and Julie Mayer will answer your questions on how to cope with the major life change, anxiety, and sadness we are all facing these days. Ask a question now and tune in live on May 27, 3-5 p.m. ET.