Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Conversationalist

It's Random Acts of Kindness Day

I highly recommending subscribing to Good News, an online periodical.  Cannot really remember subscribing, but there it was one day.  Another random act?  I have many over the last few years, and often from unexpected strangers (perhaps Angels?).  They have made a difference and often helped me see my situation differently and kindlier.  The word “kind” is a gentle word with much in depth meaning.  The article I received today from Good News points out the history of Random Acts of Kindness, its origins in California, and how to sustain the “good” feeling throughout the year.  Ironically, the best thing for me as one grieving my lifelong soulmate has been becoming a comforter, friend, and welcomer.  I gradually evolved into that role, and it helps me see the world from a bigger picture.  Gratitude and generosity make a difference.  I started one tiny step at a time, often anonymously but always feeling better later.  Humility has helped as well, since my goal was to make a difference too, gently and without much fanfare.  Just wanted to share.  Your friend, Sue

0 Kudos
Conversationalist

Hi, all, the daily periodical is Nice News and you may want to check it out. 

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Space Adventure Pinball and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP