Content starts here
CLOSE ×
Search
Honored Social Butterfly

๐Ÿ”Š Every Month FREE AARP "Grief & Loss" Online Events for Non-Members/Members!

https://local.aarp.org/virtual-community-center/

๐Ÿ”ฝ*** See details in posts BELOW ***๐Ÿ”ฝ

Honored Social Butterfly

๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿ’ƒ  [TOMORROW]

Coping With Grief: Finding the Courage to Mourn!!!

Event Date: Thursday - Oct 17, 2024.

11:30 a.m. ET - 10:30 a.m. CT - 9:30 a.m. MT - 8:30 a.m. PT.

For Questions, contact AARP TX txaarp@aarp.org.

Duration: 90 Minutes.

FREE online event. AARP Membership not required.

Itโ€™s natural to want to avoid pain, but healing requires feeling and expressing it.

About the Event.

The only way to fully engage with our grief and heal after a loss is to open ourselves to it and acknowledge and express our feelings. But sharing our grief and actively mourning makes us vulnerable, and vulnerability is scary.

This webinar will help you:

[1] Understand why and how to be vulnerable in grief.

[2] Find the courage to and understand how to mourn, at your own pace.

[3] Embrace the power of vulnerability to help you in living fully.

It is based on The Vulnerability of Grief: Finding the Courage to Authentically Mourn by Alan D. Wolfelt, director of the Center for Loss and Life Transition and a faculty member at the University of Colorado School of Medicine.

How to Join.

Sign in to your AARP.org account or create an account to register for events. AARP membership is not required. You will receive an email with the Zoom link before class.

Check out this event. LINK BELOW. ***๐Ÿ”ฝ

https://local.aarp.org/vcc-event/virtual-aarp-tx-the-vulnerability-of-grief-finding-the-courage-to-a...

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

Coping With the Guilt of Grief!!!

Event Date: Wednesday - Oct 23, 2024.

11:30 a.m. ET - 10:30 a.m. CT - 9:30 a.m. MT - 8:30 a.m. PT.

Duration: 90 Minutes.

Zoom - Free Online Event.

Weโ€™ll explore how to deal with guilt and regret, common feelings after a loss.

About the Event.

The finality of death allows no more time for making amends, no second chances. So itโ€™s normal to feel guilt and regret about mistakes made and opportunities squandered. Yet shining the light of understanding and forgiveness on yourself and finding ways to express these natural feelings allow them to soften.

This webinar will offer the insight and tools you need to evolve from guilt to grace. It is based on The Guilt of Grief: How to Understand, Embrace, and Restoratively Express Guilt and Regret After Loss by Alan D. Wolfelt, director of the Center for Loss and Life Transition and a faculty member at the University of Colorado School of Medicine.
How to Join.

Sign in to your AARP.org account or create an account to register for events. AARP membership is not required. You will receive an email with the Zoom link before class.

Check out this event.  LINK BELOW. ***๐Ÿ”ฝ

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

You are welcome @cb54357578 . There is an email address with the event information for the Texas AARP branch who is hosting this event. Maybe they may have some options for you IF you cannot attend the 10/17/24 session. Good Luck, Luv Nicole  ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—

[*** CB wrote: Was worth asking because many times presenters do provide the video. I'll stay registered in case something changes later this week. 

Many thanks to you, Nicole! ***]

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Right after I registered, I remembered that I have a conflict and I don't think I'll be able to attend. Is the video made available afterwards?

Kudos
Views
Honored Social Butterfly

Hi @cb54357578 , unfortunately it is not. I am so sorry!!!

Luv,

Nicole  ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—

[*** CB wrote: Right after I registered, I remembered that I have a conflict and I don't think I'll be able to attend. Is the video made available afterwards? ***]
0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Was worth asking because many times presenters do provide the video. I'll stay registered in case something changes later this week. 

Many thanks to you, Nicole!

Honored Social Butterfly

โ™ป๏ธ  Hi Benjamin @BenjaminM550041 , I am here IF you need any help with any of these events.

I am SO GLAD you stopped by!!!

Sorry about your loss.

Nicole  ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—

Kudos
Views
Trusted Contributor

Sure I'll let you know if anything i need to know about this event. 
Thank You!

Honored Social Butterfly

โ™ป๏ธ  I am glad to hear this Benjamin @BenjaminM550041 !!! And sorry about your loss.

Nicole  ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—

[*** BENJAMIN @BenjaminM550041 wrote:

Hello, I am new here. I think i should join this event and i believe it will be helpful for my loss!!! ***]

Kudos
Views
Trusted Contributor

Hello, I am new here. I think i should join this event and i believe it will be helpful for my loss!!!

Honored Social Butterfly

โ™ป๏ธ  You are welcome MC @mc6844 and thanks for attending and the feedback. Luv you, Nicole  ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—

[*** MC @mc6844 wrote: Nicole, thank you for posting these events. So far, I've attended just one. It had new and helpful insights. ***]
Silver Conversationalist

Nicole, thank you for posting these events. So far, I've attended just one. It had new and helpful insights. 

Honored Social Butterfly

You are welcome MC @mc6844 , Nicole  ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—

[*** MC wrote: Thank you for posting this. ***]
0 Kudos
Silver Conversationalist

Thank you for posting this

Honored Social Butterfly

You are welcome Cadee @Cadee2719 and thank you SO MUCH for the feedback!!! Nicole  ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—

[*** CADEE wrote: I attended today's session with Garrick Colwell.  Very helpful.  Thank You for suggesting this to us. ***]
0 Kudos
Bronze Conversationalist

I attended today's session with Garrick Colwell.  Very helpful.  Thank You for suggesting this to us.  

Silver Conversationalist

Cadee @Cadee2719 ,

I thought of you immediately when I read the description of this session. I'm glad you attended and found it to be helpful!

Marcy

Honored Social Butterfly

Thanks for stopping by Marcy @MarcyW882921 , Nicole  ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—

[*** MARCY wrote: Cadee @Cadee2719 ,

I thought of you immediately when I read the description of this session. I'm glad you attended and found it to be helpful! Marcy ***]

Bronze Conversationalist

Thank You Nicole.  I registered for the session.  YOU, my dear, are on top of everything for us.  Luv ya!   I don't know what you did for a living, BUT you should have run a company with the way you co-ordinate and run this site.   You provide a wealth of information and resources to help us.  โค๏ธ

cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

"I downloaded AARP Perks to assist in staying connected and never missing out on a discount!" -LeeshaD341679

AARP Perks

More From AARP