Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Anonymous
Not applicable

๐Ÿ“‹ A Way To Feel Better!

โ–ถ๏ธTo reply, click on reply button at bottom of this post. Enter your text. Click reply button again.โ—€๏ธ

*Read comments and/or comment*

Do U have an item to ADD to this list or have U done any of these? ๐Ÿค”

(1) Take a walk.

(2) Visit the library.

(3) Volunteer.

(4) Try an exercise class.

(5) Join a singing group.

(6) Join a bowling league.

(7) Watch grandchildren.

(8) Consider adopting a pet.

(9) Take a class.

Grief & Loss Team ๐Ÿค—๐ŸคŽ

Anonymous
Not applicable

*Read comments and/or comment*

Do U have an item to ADD to this list or have U done any of these? ๐Ÿค”

(1) Take a walk.

(2) Visit the library.

(3) Volunteer.

(4) Try an exercise class.

(5) Join a singing group.

(6) Join a bowling league.

(7) Watch grandchildren.

(8) Consider adopting a pet.

(9) Take a class.

Grief & Loss Team ๐Ÿค—๐ŸคŽ

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

(1 comment) I luv Aromatherapy and try, depending on my budget and store selection - to purchase the GLADE candles.

They are expensive for my budget but worth it.

Not all scents work for me. Some are too strong and make me sneeze. Others just stink.

Luv their cinnamon and pumpkin (seasonal, fall).

Lol, I try to HOARD when I see them but recently changed Walmart stores - this store NEVER has cinnamon. ๐Ÿ˜ญ

Not sure if they do the Fall pumpkin, NEXT Fall we will see.....๐Ÿค”

Missing my OLD Walmart, but saving on gas and stress. They changed Store Managers and it seems the Customers changed too. Aggressive and rude! ๐Ÿ˜ฑ

NEW Walmart choice - closer, newer, huge BUT does not carry my fav scents. Oh well, at least I will stay out of jail at this one. Lol, my low tolerance in my OLD age for s.tupid....

Nicole ๐Ÿ™ƒ

0 Kudos
Bronze Conversationalist

I contacted a former colleague to find out if she was going to attend a social event. I needed to make sure there was a safe person in the crowd in order to make the commitment to attend. Even though I had a miserable day, I put on my game face and fought the traffic to go to the event. I'm so glad I made the effort to get out of the house and reconnect with someone I have known and respected for 20+ years.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you Marcy ๐Ÿค—๐ŸคŽ

0 Kudos
Bronze Conversationalist

I read an article today about the last living Nuremberg prosecutor who passed away recently. His son said, his Dad would ask each family member at dinner, "What have you done for mankind today?" 

This resonated with me and I thought how acts of kindness can help in the grieving process and help to make the world a better place.

I have been trying different kinds of volunteering for the last few months. It has been helpful for me, but helpful to others as well.

Honored Social Butterfly

The biggest thing I would add to the list is music. Music has had healing powers and also the ability to make me forget my grief, even just for a little while. I can listen to it to cheer me up and I can listen to it to cry. Also the warmth and comfort of dogs. My granddogs (My sons dogs- lol) always knew just what to do if I was crying. Their presence always helped cheer me up when I was down. And now theyโ€™re in Kentucky and I miss them so muchโ€ฆ..

Bronze Conversationalist

Yes, yes, & yes! I sing in a chorus and I barely stepped away from it during my grief process. The music is a healing force, but my sisters in song are an incredible source of family, support, and strength! If you sing I highly recommend it.

If you don't sing, then find music that touches your soul and listen to it.

Silver Conversationalist

Yes...so true....& Iโ€™ve found that unlike any other band Iโ€™ve ever heard.... Beatles songs are just the best....they can help with any mood...

Take care โ˜ฎ๏ธ ~Allen ๐ŸŒˆ PEACE!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you Kathy ๐Ÿค—๐ŸคŽ

0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

Getting out in the yard and doing a little raking to see what is about to peep through shortly...Bring a portable radio and listen to music which makes it enjoyable then sit down on your outside chair with a beverge of choice and enjoy the sounds of nature and the outside world going about its business...You get fresh air and exercise and peace of mind.

Bronze Conversationalist

This sounds great Jonibee!

I've started working with my potted plants - transplanting, splitting, and talking to them again. Even went and bought a few more plants (apartment living, so no real garden) and plan on making a little 'jungle' on the patio. Getting my hands all moist and dirty is such a therapy. ๐ŸŒป๐ŸŒท๐ŸŒต๐Ÿชด๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ’๐ŸŒผ๐ŸŒบ๐Ÿต๏ธ๐ŸŒฟ๐ŸŒฑ๐Ÿ‘’๐Ÿงค

Bronze Conversationalist

I think the same, getting out into the fresh air. Exercise is good for physical and also for emotional refreshment. Just put aside the grief and go outside works. I think it's a healthy way to keep moving forward.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you mc6844 ๐Ÿค—๐ŸคŽ

Silver Conversationalist

Hi Nicole! ๐Ÿ™‚

Luckily.... you weren't  on the menu ๐Ÿœ๐Ÿฝ  that day.๐ŸŠ..LOL!!!๐Ÿ˜‚

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you Jonibee ๐Ÿค—๐ŸคŽ

Silver Conversationalist

HAH....BTW....I used an alligator.... closest thing to a snake...which they donโ€™t have an emoji for...maybe thatโ€™s a good thing eh? LOL!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you Allen ๐Ÿค—๐ŸคŽ

Silver Conversationalist

itโ€™s so tiny...hard to see...it looks like a cobra ๐Ÿ...I was trying to find like a black snake on the ground.... maybe unconsciously I didnโ€™t want to find that snake....in case it might bring back unpleasant memories...

anyhoot....

Take care โ˜ฎ๏ธ ~Allen ๐ŸŒˆ PEACE!

cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipedeยฎ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP