Content starts here
CLOSE ×
Search

๐Ÿ•ฏ A Place To Be With OTHERS Who Are Grieving! WE support each other.

Anonymous
Not applicable

๐Ÿ•ฏ A Place To Be With OTHERS Who Are Grieving! WE support each other.

โ–ถ๏ธTo reply, click on reply button at bottom of this post. Enter your text. Click reply button again.โ—€๏ธ

READ the comments and/or ADD a comment.

***A place to share and support***

Grief & Loss Team ๐ŸคŽ๐Ÿค—

Screenshot_20230530-033419_Chrome.jpg

๐Ÿ“ธclipart attached๐Ÿ“ธ

Silver Conversationalist

FYI - Grief Works offers free webinars every couple of weeks on Zoom. The next one is Dec. 6th at 1:00 ET and the topic is Navigating the Holidays.

Marcy

Esteemed Social Butterfly

4 comments (Wednesday 11/29/23)

๐Ÿšตโ€๐ŸŠโ€๐ŸŽพ  The Experts say EXERCISE (what YOU enjoy) will HELP us "physically, emotionally, mentally" on our HEALING JOURNEY. Any opinions? ๐Ÿค”

(1) I know Marcy had mentioned TENNIS.

(2) Cadee @Cadee2719 ZUMBA.

(3) And me, daily INSIDE (yes, so NOT into the Florida Alligators who seem to be taking over ๐Ÿ˜ฑ) WALK to Bob Marley Reggae Music and Staple Singers. I have a Chart on my wall which I "check" EACH day = so I can SEE my progress. So far, have NOT missed a day, even when I got my Pfizer Vaccine this month. ๐Ÿ˜Ž

โ–ถ๏ธ*** Okay, MY OPINION - yes, yes and yes!!! ๐Ÿ‘ Has helped me in ALL 3 AREAS. Lol, but I still have days I really DO NOT want to walk but DO..... ***โ—€๏ธ

Conversationalist

NO NO NO I do not do ZUMBA!  I would be laying flat on the floor, gasping for breath.๐Ÿ˜‚  I do Stretching Exercises, Strength Exercises, Balance Exercises.  However, with the leg pain I have had to stop all of them till I find out what I am dealing with.  I see the doctor on December 21st. The exercises I do are provided on line through my insurance; it is called Silver Sneakers.

Silver Conversationalist

Zumba = instant death for me too. ๐Ÿ˜† 

Silver Conversationalist

No...I'm the Zumba gal! ๐Ÿ™‚

Marcy

Conversationalist

I KNEW it would be you Marcy.  ๐Ÿ˜€  Tennis player, Zumba gal.  You GO GIRL!

๐Ÿ‘ฃ  1 Step At A Time!

0 Kudos
Contributor

My sweet husband died after a difficult surgery November 6th. I don't know how to live in this big house alone, it's so quiet. The upkeep is alot. Every room has a memory and story and shared items. I feel so heavy, my arms and legs. So **bleep** sad. I worry about money, still waiting for an attorney to do thier part (filing with courts) so I can fulfil my duty set forth in his living will. I'm just damned frightened and so so sad. I suppose this isn't one challenge. It's a challenge to just be me right now...   

Silver Conversationalist

I'm so sorry for your loss. The good people on this site have lots of wisdom and hope and will help you.

Silver Conversationalist

Alisa @AlisaH435648 ,

I'm so sorry for the loss of your sweet husband. Yes it probably is a challenge to be you right now because you may very well not know who you are. Your loss is so new and it takes time to figure that out. Your life changes drastically when you are no longer your husband's wife. Identify things you have control of and things that you don't. Take control of the things that you can... one step at a time... when you are ready.

Marcy

2 comments (Tuesday 11/28/23)

WHAT ARE YOU GRATEFUL FOR? ๐Ÿค”

(Me) Just got an email from my Online Social Security Account telling me my 2024 NEW/increased Retirement Social Security AMOUNT was available. Yipee, SO GRATEFUL!!! ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿ’ƒ

Silver Conversationalist

Congratulations!

Gold Conversationalist

Yipee

YipeeYipee

Nicole's 2024 NEW Retirement Social Security AMOUNT increased....LOL!!๐Ÿ™‚

๐Ÿ‘ฃ  1 Step At A Time!

Silver Conversationalist

Thank you Nicole. Hope all of you are doing well. I'm a little slow with things lately. But try to stop in to see how you all are. Stay well, and keep on keeping on.

Conversationalist

Good Morning Nicole!  I read something last night saying that the November moon was a "Beaver" moon; named for the time of year when beavers retire to their dens and winter will soon be here.  I have always been fascinated by the moon, stars, sunset, sunrise and rainbows, all the the beautiful things the world has to offer us.  When my children and grandsons were little, I would buy them telescopes and we would search the sky. In my research I found that the moon is a feminine symbol, representing the rhythm of time.  The phases of the moon symbolize immortality and eternity, enlightenment or the dark side of Nature herself.  I am glad that you find the moon relaxing.  Luv you!  โค๏ธ

Silver Conversationalist

That is lovely, Cadee! A poet's heart. I tend to avoid places like Walmart on full moons lol

Silver Conversationalist

Cadee @Cadee2719,

You continue to amaze us!

Marcy

Silver Conversationalist

Thank you Nicole. How are you doing? 

๐Ÿ‘ฃ  1 Step At A Time!

Silver Conversationalist

That is good advice Nicole. The people who care will never complain about being reached. They genuinely love and care about us. And want to have that time with us too.

Trusted Contributor

I was just thinking about that exact thing about my husband. I was in labor for 3 days with both my kids. My daughter's birthday is tomorrow. I remember that her Dad stayed with me the entire time and he was a huge support for me. I also remember the joy on his face when she was born and how proud he was. I am trying to keep that as my best memory other than our wedding day. 

Silver Conversationalist

That's very nice, Kimberly! What lovely memories. Take care!

1 comment (Tuesday 11/28/23)

Hi Kim @KimberlyM389662 , yes, those SPECIAL MEMORIES pop up to REMIND AND ENCOURAGE us!!!! ๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’™

Trusted Contributor

She was our 1st born and the only girl. Her and her Dad had a special bond. They loved going to haunted places and houses but me, no way. To this day I still won't go to or in a haunted house. We did love scary movies and watched a lot. Most of my movie collection is horror. Love you my friend. 

๐Ÿ‘ฃ  1 Step At A Time!

Trusted Contributor

Tomorrow is our daughter's 28th birthday. I was sitting here watching the Irwins (Crocodile Hunters family) and just crying through the entire episode because it was the episode where Bindi had her baby. It showed a lot of episodes where Steve became a Dad but, they were talking about how he would be such a great grandfather and how he is with them in spirit and it really hit me that my husband is not going to be here and that's what happened to me. Between me constantly falling, trying to raise my son and fighting social security I am exhausted and can't find the strength to get my other things that I need to get done in my house. I am just tired of trying and not getting it done. 

Silver Conversationalist

The Irwins is a good show. Slowing down to watch a TV show is a good idea. Moments like that can help to lighten our mood and make burdens seem lighter. The losses can hit hard at times. It's good to remember that your husband may be there in spirit like the Irwin grandfather. There's so much we don't know about the other realms. Please take care!

1 comment (Sunday 11/26/23)

YOU GO GIRL!!!! ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿ’ƒ

CADEE @Cadee2719 SAID.

(1) Hopefully I will be able to put the house on the market in January.

(2) My cataract/glaucoma surgery is 1/9.

(3) I still have a long way to go, but as you say Nicole: "One Step at a Time".

Gold Conversationalist

YA.....YOU GO GIRL!

You go girl!!! (2).JPG

Anyway... Take care!  ๐Ÿ‚๐Ÿ๐Ÿ‚โ˜ฎ๏ธ  ~Allen ๐ŸŒˆ๐Ÿ‚๐Ÿ๐Ÿ‚

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

AARP Limited Time Offer: Memorial Day Sale! Join or renew for just $9 per year when you sign up for a 5-year term and get a FREE gift.

More From AARP