Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

๐Ÿ•ฏ A Place To Be With OTHERS Who Are Grieving! WE support each other.

Anonymous
Not applicable

๐Ÿ•ฏ A Place To Be With OTHERS Who Are Grieving! WE support each other.

โ–ถ๏ธTo reply, click on reply button at bottom of this post. Enter your text. Click reply button again.โ—€๏ธ

READ the comments and/or ADD a comment.

***A place to share and support***

Grief & Loss Team ๐ŸคŽ๐Ÿค—

Screenshot_20230530-033419_Chrome.jpg

๐Ÿ“ธclipart attached๐Ÿ“ธ

Trusted Social Butterfly

[response] MC , how are you doing? ๐Ÿค”

@mc6844

Bronze Conversationalist

Thanks for asking Nicole. Tired here. How are you?

Trusted Social Butterfly

1 comment (Sunday 1/21/24)

๐Ÿ“ธ  A .gif for Cadee @Cadee2719   ๐Ÿ“ธ

cute-wholesome.gif

Conversationalist

Thank You Nicole.  I am "trying" to stay positive and be patient.  There is very little I can do about it.  Each time they call me, the PRICE GOES UP!  

Trusted Social Butterfly

๐Ÿ‘ฃ  1 Step At A Time!

Honored Social Butterfly

It's unfortunate, but when someone tells me they luv me, how can I trust them? I have been burned so many times. I've lost so many people in my life, I don't know where to begin with that, sadly. Who can I turn to for good guidance and support? I don't think I can get this here, maybe some suggestions outside of this AARP forum on this? Thanks!

@SpringIsHereSoHappy wrote:

๐Ÿ”Š  Group Discussion: WE ALL have times when we feel we have taken steps BACKWARD (feeling sad, discouraged). During THOSE TIMES, what "helps" YOU to hit the GAS PEDAL TO MOVE FORWARD?  ๐Ÿค”

Bronze Conversationalist

1. Kelly, it was suggested to me a long time ago to take what people say at face value. If things prove otherwise I can always change my mind later. It was also suggested not to stand under a tree with birds. Birds flock together. We can't always be in flocks we find comfort and understanding. You probably know by now the signs of unhealthy living. It will give you guidelines for moving forward. There are many good, and very fine people in this world.

Honored Social Butterfly

Thanks for your feedback. It is appreciated! The unhealthy living is pretty much resolved. Those people who have affected me are deceased and I do not grieve for them. I am trying to forget them, but they keep cropping up in my mind, or conversation(s). That's a struggle I have. Not interested in being in a flock, just some one-on-one with a friend and someone I can trust. I have my husband, true. But, I mean having one more friend, one that doesn't tell me they love me immediately. This makes me uncomfortable, and poses as a red-flag to me. That's another thing I've been dealing with. Anyway, thanks for your response. Kelly

@mc6844 wrote:
  1. Kelly, it was suggested to me a long time ago to take what people say at face value. If things prove otherwise I can always change my mind later. It was also suggested not to stand under a tree with birds. Birds flock together. We can't always be in flocks we find comfort and understanding. You probably know by now the signs of unhealthy living. It will give you guidelines for moving forward. There are many good, and very fine people in this world.

Trusted Social Butterfly

1 comment (Friday 1/19/24)

Marcy @MarcyW882921 - are you OK?  ๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’™ 

0 Kudos
Bronze Conversationalist

Hey Nicole @SpringIsHereSoHappy . Yes I am doing well. I guess I packed a lot in my schedule this week and it looks like I did the same for next week. I'm not stressing so it's ok. Thanks for checking on me!

Marcy

Trusted Social Butterfly

3 comments (Friday 1/19/24) CHAT!

HOW ARE YOU?  ๐Ÿค”

Another quiet day for me. No running around until Monday for my Walmart Food Run!  ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿ’ƒ

My daughter is feeling better and now back to NEVER being at home. Lol, was NICE her "needing" Ma (me) so I could do my thing to help her feel better...  ๐Ÿ˜Ž

Maintenance DIDNOT arrive "yesterday" = MAYBE today...  ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿ˜‚

Find YOUR PEACE TODAY  ๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’™

Conversationalist

So glad that your daughter is feeling better.  We "Moms" feel the world is a better place when our children are doing well.  โค๏ธ

Trusted Social Butterfly

1 comment (Friday 1/19/24)

Thanks Cadee @Cadee2719   ๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’™

Bronze Conversationalist

Yes, glad your daughter is feeling better.

Trusted Social Butterfly

๐Ÿ‘ฃ  1 Step At A Time!

Conversationalist

Continuing to move FORWARD!  The rheumatologist is holding off on the cordisone shots till eye pressure comes down.  Starting me on a mild medication for rheumatoid arthritis.  Holding off on biopsy.  Soooooo, today I took my car in.  Waiting to see what damage $$$$$$ that will cost me.  Always something isn't it?   I was getting a ride back home so I was told to go to the gray car.  I opened the door and the guy says "No sweetheart, not this  car!!!!!"  We both laughed and I went searching for the guy and car that was taking me home.  

Bronze Conversationalist

Cadee @Cadee27129, Your car story made me smile because I've done that before! Fortunately for both of us the guy who was in the car was nice. ๐Ÿ˜Š

Good luck with your new medication and your car!

Marcy

Trusted Social Butterfly

[2 comments]  ๐Ÿ™  OUR Monday 1/15/24 PRAYER LIST!

โ–ถ๏ธ*1 of 3* Cadee (her son's birthday today, visiting his grave today to lay out flowers) @Cadee2719   ๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’™

โ–ถ๏ธ*2 of 3* Kim (feeling OVERWHELMED) @KimberlyM389662   ๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’™

โ–ถ๏ธ*3 of 3* Beasley (limping)  ๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ•๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿถ๐Ÿ’™

ANYONE ELSE?  ๐Ÿค”

Conversationalist

Nicole, Thank You for thinking of me.  โค๏ธ  

Bronze Conversationalist

Cadee, thoughts of you too! Take care

Regular Social Butterfly

I hope someone finds "Ashley Judd: Grief, Love and Naomi" - Anderson Cooper Podcast helpful; it is for me...

decades of mourning feel lifted, and I am not of any religion any longer so those are not the reasons. Her struggle and her recognition of how to recognize and deal with loss trauma was what I identified with. 

#VegasStrong
Phil Harris, actor and showman, to John Fogerty of CCR: โ€œIf Iโ€™d known Iโ€™d live this long, Iโ€™d have taken better care of myself.โ€
0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

๐Ÿ‘ฃ  1 Step At A Time!

Bronze Conversationalist

Thank you Nicole. You too!

Trusted Social Butterfly

[4 comments] 7:15am ET (Saturday 1/13/24) CHAT!

HOW ARE YOU?  ๐Ÿค”

๐Ÿš˜๐Ÿš—  HEADING BACK TO FLORIDA as soon as CVS opens up. Need to pick up my 90-day Chlolestral refill.

41 degrees here in Cave Spring, Virginia with a Wind Advisory. So "feels" like 34 degrees.

72 degrees and cloudy in Melbourne, Florida.

ANXIOUS to check on my only child (daughter, Florida) as now she is dealing with MAJOR back pain and NOT calling doctor. Now to HOPE it is NOT anything serious. They are OUR "babies" to the day we die. Lol, stubborn like me...  ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ

IF anyone in our group is in the area that is having Weather Issues, please be SAFE!!!

Find YOUR PEACE  ๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’™

Bronze Conversationalist

Prayers for your daughter ๐Ÿ™  I recommend Urgent Care in a pinch. I went there for back pain. Turned out to be a pulled muscle. They gave me a shot for the pain. Very nice staff and Doc. 

Conversationalist

I hope that your daughter will go to the doctors.  I agree they are always our "babies" and we will always worry about them and they seem to listen to us LESS as they become older.  ๐Ÿ˜‚Monday would have been my son's birthday so I plan to have my other son take me there to put flowers on his grave.   I am STILL waiting for my husband's grave stone to be installed.  I did not realize that it took months to have this done.   Nicole, I worry about your traveling back and forth to VA.  How much longer will you have to do that?  However, I am happy that you ran into an old friend there and are taking care of your health.  Luv you. โค๏ธ    Sorry if my response is sporadic.        I read through the text that I miss and respond.  Not sure if I am doing it right.  

Bronze Conversationalist

Cadee @Cadee78 ,

Thinking of you today as you face another milestone day. I hope your plan to deliver flowers to your son's gravesite go as planned and it brings you comfort and peace. ๐Ÿค—โค๏ธ

Marcy

Conversationalist

Thank You for thinking of me.  It was a somber day; one that I just kept to myself.  My grandson told me that they ordered my son's grave stone which made me happy.  I am continuing the doctor's appointments, taking the car in for repair and packing.  Hopefully I will be able to put my house on the market soon.  

Trusted Social Butterfly

๐Ÿ‘ฃ  1 Step At A Time!

0 Kudos
Conversationalist

I have always been patient and kind to those that have offended me.  I give them many, many chances and "forgive" often.  However, I have found that there are individuals that take my kindness as a weakness and take advantage of that.  I get to a point where I feel that I do not need or want this person in my life and end the relationship.  At that point I am DONE with them and eliminate them from my life.  Life is too short to deal with those that only intend to hurt you and truly do not care about you.  

cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Space Adventure Pinball and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP