Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

๐Ÿ•ฏ A Place To Be With OTHERS Who Are Grieving! WE support each other.

Anonymous
Not applicable

๐Ÿ•ฏ A Place To Be With OTHERS Who Are Grieving! WE support each other.

โ–ถ๏ธTo reply, click on reply button at bottom of this post. Enter your text. Click reply button again.โ—€๏ธ

READ the comments and/or ADD a comment.

***A place to share and support***

Grief & Loss Team ๐ŸคŽ๐Ÿค—

Screenshot_20230530-033419_Chrome.jpg

๐Ÿ“ธclipart attached๐Ÿ“ธ

Trusted Social Butterfly

3 comments (Saturday 12/16/23)

Gosh Marcy @MarcyW882921 I HOPE Georgia is NICER when you are there! ๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’™

My daughter left for Mexico today, back on Tuesday.

I am still in Virginia finishing up the stuff I told you about. ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿ’ƒ

Lol, DREADING returning to Florida  ๐Ÿ˜ญ

0 Kudos
Bronze Conversationalist

Nicole @SpringIsHereSoHappy ,

You are just all over the place! No more the stay at home lady who goes to bed early and makes weekly WalMart runs.

Travel safely!

Marcy

Trusted Social Butterfly

1 comment (Saturday 12/16/23)

Oh NO Marcy @MarcyW882921 , my bed still calls my name EARLY = OLD LADY/lol ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚  and I am at Walmart wherever I am!!!

Jokes aside, as MC @mc6844 had "mentioned" - got to take my time with moving 100% back to Florida.

Lol, I guess I am doing REVERSE SNOWBIRD.  ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚

I am HAPPY to be here NOW while the OTHER old folk are NOT = all up in Florida creating traffic jams. ๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿ™„

Bronze Conversationalist

Nicole @SpringIsHereSoHappy ,

Yes, the car transports have arrived and the roads, stores, and restaurants are much busier!

Marcy

Trusted Social Butterfly

๐Ÿ‘ฃ  1 Step At A Time!

Conversationalist

Just wanted to warn everyone.  I got a call about replacing my husband's Diabetes blood monitor with one that TALKS!! and it is free.  They will simply charge Medicare.  I did not tell the man that my husband was dead but since he was representing "our" insurance company I thought he should know that.  He kept trying to get information from me and I said I was on my way out and hung up the phone.  Now I am getting calls from "them" several times a day.  I have blocked them.  I researched this and found that they are trying to get your Medicare number so that they can send you the monitor and supplies and bill Medicare.  BE AWARE   DO NOT GIVE ANY INFORMATION ABOUT YOUR MEDICARE TO ANYONE THAT CALLS YOU ON THE PHONE OR CONTACTS YOU ON YOUR COMPUTER.  Since my husband died I have been constantly harassed by these scammers.

Silver Conversationalist

Thank you Cadee. 

Trusted Social Butterfly

2 comments (Wednesday 12/13/23)

Sometimes WE have "regrets" when we lose someone we CARE about. IF you have any "regrets" - HOW are YOU dealing with them? ๐Ÿค”

(Me) Of late, it seems EVERY DAY I am "feeling" really "guilty" about stuff I did or said. Stuff that was SELFISH and words said in ANGER.

Silver Conversationalist

Complex feelings of regret could be sorted with a counselor familiar with these situations. Each situation is unique and you deserve to have peace of mind.  Take care Nicole!

Bronze Conversationalist

Nicole @SpringIsHereSoHappy . Guilt is an issue that I am familiar with. For me, I think it is my way of trying to gain control of something. Apologizing is one way to deal with it whether the person is alive or dead and following up with a request for forgiveness. The tough part is getting to the point where you can forgive yourself.

Marcy

Trusted Social Butterfly

๐Ÿ‘ฃ  1 Step At A Time!

Conversationalist

Hello to everyone.  Not doing much lately.  Seems as if I caught a "head cold and cough" and it has really put me down.  I had my flu shot, my pneumonia shot and I tested to see if it was COVID (it is not) so I am really wondering what is going around and where I caught it being that I am seldom out among others.  Anyone else dealing with this?

Bronze Conversationalist

Cadee @Cadee2719 . I'm sorry you are feeling under the weather. Fortunately, I have been fine, but I have a friend who has had similar symptoms. Doctors offices are prime locations for being exposed to germs and I know you have had some medical appointments recently. Take care and I hope you feel better soon!

Marcy

Silver Conversationalist

The RSV vaccine is available. You should check with your doc first if it's the best thing for you. Hope you feel better!

Silver Conversationalist

All the ideas I've read on the forum about moving forward sound good. Though I'm not apt to jump into things anymore. I just found out if I have a Medicare plan in an area, then move to a different zip code I'd have to check my plan is accepted in the new area. I've found out that with Medicare there's much you don't know unless you ask. Of course you have to have knowledge and information to know what to ask. Knowledge is power, for sure. It's been almost a year and the grieving keeps popping up. I guess it stands to reason after 50 years of life. It's not only the deceased ones lives we grieve, but that was our lives too, and the missing of the familiar. I think Nicole's idea of getting up, having coffee, and going back for zzzzzz's is the best idea so far  lol.

Bronze Conversationalist

If Nicole's routine sounds good to you @mc6844 ...I say do it! You are the master of your own destiny and have the ability to choose what you want to do that makes you happy.

Yes, some Medicare plans appear attractive because of lower premiums and sometimes some additional service coverage, however portability can be a significant issue. Education and asking questions are essential tools for navigation and decision making.

Marcy

Silver Conversationalist

Thank you Marcy!

Trusted Social Butterfly

1 comment (Monday 12/11/23)

But Marcy @MarcyW882921 , MY way is the LAZY WAY/lol ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚

YOUR way is the ACTIVE way - Tennis, Zumba ๐Ÿ‘

Bronze Conversationalist

Yes Nicole @SpringIsHereSoHappy , but that is the beauty. Your way may work for some, my way may work for some, others have other ways that work, and maybe it just depends on the day!๐Ÿคช

Marcy

Trusted Social Butterfly

๐Ÿ‘ฃ  1 Step At A Time!

Trusted Social Butterfly

(4) Multiple losses in quick succession. 

- Quick Succession meaning other loved ones pass while you are still grieving the earlier  passing of a different loved one.

Trusted Social Butterfly

1 comment (Saturday 12/9/23)

๐Ÿ’ก  How do YOU stay POSITIVE when YOU want to GIVE UP?  ๐Ÿค”  Stop by and share!  ๐Ÿ˜Ž

(Me) I try to remember those times in the past when I felt like giving up and didnot. And what SURPRISES came my way because I HUNG IN THERE!  ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿ’ƒ

Bronze Conversationalist

Nicole @SpringIsHereSoHappy . That sounds like a good time to write yourself a letter saying all of those things. When you have a downside day, pull it out for some self-encouragement.๐Ÿ™‚

Marcy

Trusted Social Butterfly

6 comments (Saturday 12/9/23)

๐Ÿ‘ฃ  Did YOU Take YOUR Steps?

(Me) Mine took me to the DREADED Dumpster and Mailbox TONIGHT! ๐Ÿ˜Ž  Hate going but KNOW if I DO NOT take it out WEEKLY, it will be SO RIPE... ๐Ÿคฎ

I HOPE everyone gets some "rest" TONIGHT at bedtime.... ๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’™

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

117,182 steps and 21 flights of stairs today. My mom, God bless her came over and really helped me clean up my house. I'll end up paying for it tomorrow with my back. We are supposed to get some nasty rainy weather tomorrow with potential downpours and flooding. Glad that I don't have to go anywhere except the pharmacy. I feel sorry for everyone going to the Raven's game tomorrow. Yes I live in Baltimore and actually like my team, just not sure what I think of the hype surrounding our quarterback. I've seen worse but, I have also seen much better. We get to the playoffs and then he plays horribly and we get kicked out the first round, even when we win the division. Same thing happened to the Orioles this year. Good night my friend. My love to you and hope you have a good night. Mine have been a little rough and I have had some other things going on so that's why I haven't posted anything in a while. Here's our boy. 

IMG_20231123_124207297.jpg

Bronze Conversationalist

Kimberly@KimberlyM389662 , That step count is astronomical!

Marcy

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly

3 comments (Sunday 12/10/23)

Hi Kim @KimberlyM389662 !

I am SO GLAD to hear from you dear friend  ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿ’™

Lol, I see our boy is getting his HANDSOME SLEEP in ๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿถ๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ•๐Ÿ’™

Trusted Contributor

@SpringIsHereSoHappy . He will be 6 months old on the 16th and already weighs almost 40 pounds. Love you too.๐Ÿ’•

Trusted Social Butterfly

1 comment (Sunday 12/10/23)

๐Ÿถ๐Ÿ•  Kim @KimberlyM389662 , when does he stop GROWING? ๐Ÿค”

Trusted Contributor

@SpringIsHereSoHappy he can keep growing until he is 2. His ears start growling at 7-8 days and can also grow until he is 2 but usually slow down around 1.5 years. Their ears can range in size but generally 7-12 inches. They have the longest ears on record I in the world of canines. Males can weigh upwards of 80 lbs but according to the chart I have at 7 months he should weigh 38-55 pounds and he won't be 6 months until the 16th of December so I think he is going to be a big boy, LOL. Like I just figured that out, HAHA because he was 13 lbs when I got him at 8 weeks. Here they all are this morning. They seem to be enjoying it, LOL. Love you my dear friend and sister. 

IMG_20231211_074059407.jpg

cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Block Champ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP