Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Yvette at AARP Rewards, you promised to get in touch with us and you didn't

Regular Contributor

Yvette at AARP Rewards, you promised to get in touch with us and you didn't

Had problems with an AARP rewards gift we bought for points. Called and eventually had call transferred to a supervisor named Yvette. Yvette said she was working on it and would get back to us later that afternoon. We asked if she was really getting back to us or just promising anything to get off the phone. Well, 3 months later and she's never called back or emailed. Supervisor Yvette at the 800 AARP Rewards Center, don't make promises you don't keep.

Social Butterfly

@rc5185366 

From your post:

"We asked if she was really getting back to us or just promising anything to get off the phone."

Why would you say that?  You needed help with something (right?) and you asked them if they are lying to you when they say they will get back to you?

I would at least have been civil to this person if I really wanted help.  Why haven't you called back...it's been 3 month for crying out loud!?!

Happy Holidays!

AndrewToo
0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

Hello, AndrewToo.

I spent approx. 75,000 points on something that wasn't received as advertised. That's an awful lot of time spent on earning those points. I was escalated to Yvvette after requesting some kind of refund since what I ordered was not anything like I received. Yvette was not helpful and told me AARP did not issue refunds on points. Why do you think I asked her if she was lying? That's an assumption on your part. I simply wanted to affirm that we would be in contact later that afternoon. Much as I would with any planned meeting. 

And why do you think I never called back? Another assumption. I did and have not been able to speak with Yvette again or recieve help with a refund of my points. I wish you wouldn't automatically think I am at fault since you were not involved in this incident. It was Yvette who ultimately took my call, promised a call back and left me hanging. I am a loyal, long time AARP member and thought my membership was more valued than that.

Plus, I would never have wasted that many points if I knew I wasn't going to get what was offered.

Have a good day. 

cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Block Champ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP