Content starts here
CLOSE ×
Search
Bronze Conversationalist

Tips, Tricks and Troubles...

I'll start a thread about any Tips, Tricks and Troubles - that may help AARP members.

( Please this is not a thread to complain about a/ your 'specific problem/ issue you have' but rather offering "solutions" )   I am not affiliated to AARP (just another AARP member) and can not solve 'specific problems/ issues' - the AARP Forum Moderators will address them, if they can.

If you have a 'specific complaint/ issue - please find the right thread or create a 'new topic thread' - other than posting here.

If you do discover a neat Tip or Trick or Solution to a Troubling issue - please add your voice here/ post here.

Anyhow, I saw this from AARP- Security software:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

secure.aarp.org Additional security check is required

As you were browsing something about your browser made us think that you were a bot. There are few reasons this might happen:
  • You were a power user moving through this web-site with a super-human speed.
  • You have disabled cookies on your browser.
  • secure.aarp.org Additional security check is required

As you were browsing something about your browser made us think that you were a bot. There are few reasons this might happen:
    • You were a power user moving through this web-site with a super-human speed.
    • You have disabled cookies on your browser.
    • A third-party browser Privacy or Script OR Cookie-Blocker plugins OR Extensions OR Open/SSL/Free-Malicious VPN OR Imposter Browser Plugins -- such as Ghostery, Privacy Badger, ExpressVPN, Click&Clean, Malwarebytes Browser Guard, uBlock Origin, Blur, DuckDuckGo Privacy Essentials, Unshorten.link, NoScript, Duck-Duck-Go, Guardian and Others is preventing Javascript from running.
    •  
    To regain access make sure that the cookies and javascript are enabled before loading the page.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
What stands out is the 'list' of - A third-party browser Privacy or Script OR Cookie-Blocker plugins OR Extensions .....etc.....software.

If you are having issues with the AARP website and have any one of the above mentioned 'software extensions' - you may want to try 'temporarily' shutting them off; as these type of software may be problematic.
       Those who are making purchases of $ gift card/ certificates ( especially Cruise $ gift cards) should especially pay attention. Sometimes 'VPN software' may cause issues.

If you are using any of the above soft-ware and are 'not having issues/ problems' - yes, this can and does happen; and there is no need to 'temporarily' shut them off.

😎  Please remember this not a 'complaint thread' - but offering ' Tips, Tricks and Solutions to Troubles ' that you seem to have found/ discovered.
      I'll have more to post.......

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

"I downloaded AARP Perks to assist in staying connected and never missing out on a discount!" -LeeshaD341679

AARP Perks

More From AARP