Content starts here
CLOSE ×
Search
Periodic Contributor

Text boxes for article comments and replies are too small

Regarding AARP website articles - the text boxes for readers to enter comments and replies are too small. User should be able to see what they are entering (for example, like the text box for this forum comment), vs. a single line. If responsive design is supposed to be part of the UX, it's not working, user can't enlarge the box manually either. This is not a cache or browser version issue - tried on two different desktop browsers (Chrome and Edge), up to date, with cache cleared.  

Trusted Social Butterfly

Agree...they are very annoying...lotsa room for improvement...but then maybe that's intentional.

The other thing I've noticed is fewer and fewer articles offer the 'Comment' option unless one wishes to propagate it on (anti)Social Media.

Periodic Contributor

@EricC28201 I have noticed that commenting is not available for certain articles, but hadn't considered that it might be tied to sharing on social media. That would be unfortunate. Like you, I might want to comment but would not share the comment or article (depending on how they configured it) to social media.

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@Lisahh7 wrote:

Regarding AARP website articles - the text boxes for readers to enter comments and replies are too small. User should be able to see what they are entering (for example, like the text box for this forum comment), vs. a single line. This is not a cache or browser version issue - tried on two different desktop browsers (Chrome and Edge), up to date, with cache cleared.  

You hit the nail on the head, if I am understanding you correctly. When I respond by posting a comment here, I can make the text box larger, make my print larger, and colorize my print among other things.

If I understand you correctly, your complaint is something, I too, have noticed. When I type a comment attached to website articles, the printing of my typing is more like a ticker tape for stocks than typing a paper. A single line with just the last few words visible scrolls along as I type. Not until I enter my comment, can I see what I typed in full. Am I describing this correctly, @Lisahh7?

I use Firefox.

Periodic Contributor

@nctarheel, yes, that is exactly what I'm describing. As a workaround, I compose my comment or reply in Word, copy it, and then paste it as plain text into the comment text box or the reply text box. But the user shouldn't have to do that to accommodate website usability issues.

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

"I downloaded AARP Perks to assist in staying connected and never missing out on a discount!" -LeeshaD341679

AARP Perks

More From AARP