Content starts here
CLOSE ×
Search
Contributor

Free 1040 Tax Returns

For my 2021 tax returns I used AARP's 'Free 1040 Tax Returns'.  The program is in question/answer form & then the program generates the proper IRS documents.  I WOULD LIKE TO OBTAIN A COPY OF THE QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS for 2021 as the IRS says there is a mistake.  I reworked my taxes manually and they are correct; I do owe them over $7000.  I know how the mistake occurred, but I believe it may be a program error (or I inadvertently answered a question incorrectly). Please advise how I may obtain a copy of the questions & answers.  (I have a copy of the tax forms.)

Thank you,

Mary Ann

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

It sounds like you are talking about the online AARP Tax-Aide program service.  So you should contact them for the info that you seek.

The AARP Foundation Tax-Aide service - For more information, including what types of service are available near you and which documents you will need, visit aarpfoundation.org/taxaide or call 888-AARPNOW (888-227-7669).

https://www.aarp.org/money/taxes/info-2021/free-help-preparing-2020-returns.html

It's Always Something . . . . Roseanna Roseannadanna
0 Kudos
Contributor

Thank you.  I called the number you listed and sad to report the program is through the IRS & AARP does not store the questions and answers part of the online free tax program.  I guess I'll have to ask the IRS.

Thanks again

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

"I downloaded AARP Perks to assist in staying connected and never missing out on a discount!" -LeeshaD341679

AARP Perks

More From AARP